Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New unlimited lifetime supercharger promotion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All the negativity about the traditional dealership sales experience is kind overblown. My last 6 new car purchases were fine. I emailed and texted with the sales guy, outlining exactly the specs i wanted, the price i was willing to pay. Yes, or no. I emailed several places, there was always one or two that accepted my offer, then it was a matter of choosing which place was closer to me. I never stepped foot in the dealership until the day of signing the paperwork. Of course, Tesla direct sales is great, too.
The last few years programs have been created to "get the best deal" on a car. Yes you can order online but the way the system is set up makes more financial sense to do the face to face at a dealership. I actually had gotten pretty good at haggling. Really, all it takes is the balls to ask for a better deal, more options,better rate etc.....Having said that , I loved the Tesla buying experience. The ease of ordering and excitement of emails and progress of my build. Tesla has a long way to go in the communication department though. TMC has plenty of posts regarding "NO communication" I am still curious about this free SC move by Tesla. Is it because the system is not set up right yet?

Reactions: xspace
They limited supercharging with little incentive to get people to buy once the free supercharging was gone, though I think they needed to test the limited supercharging in a live environment before the Model 3 came out. The only new feature rolled out in the first half of 2017 was the regular 100D.

They have essentially extended the free supercharging to the end of this year and I suspect they will be rolling out some fairly major changes in Q1 next year that will be an incentive to buy, even if you don't get unlimited supercharging.

I am not completely happy with all the financials, but a large part of it is driven by the intense focus the investment community has on quarterly production numbers. If they were a private company, they would run much more like SpaceX who goes about getting things done with a lot less hype.

Reactions: pjoseph
Tesla would not have survived as a private company without the periodic cash infusions. And yes, Wall Street does not look past the next quarter or so. No long term vision for there, just who can grab and run. Very hard to build a sustainable business that way.

Tesla has to keep the cars moving so the configurations change by the week. No different than the gamesmanship traditional dealers play.

And more gymnastics with the financials as to ballooning the Accounts payable on the quarterly numbers to boost the bottom line.

It is clear that S & X sales have plateaued. Gas prices being ~$2 /gallon (in Texas) does not help. Is Elon taunting the shorts this morning?