Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New unlimited lifetime supercharger promotion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm considering Model X. I have an overnight test drive tomorrow.

Sales office called me and said all orders tonight (by midnight) will include free unlimited supercharging for life of car. So a regular ole 100X, too.

Knowing the deposit is fully refundable, should I go ahead so I can make a decision after the test drive?

Makes me wonder what's in store after July, though.

Ughhhhh

does the test drive make a difference in your decision process?
honestly, the free supercharging sounds better than it calculates out.
If you get an inventory car and save 10k, you'll barely spend 1k on supercharging over the lifetime of the car

That seems weird, they stopped unlimited free supercharging back in a January. There's a whole thread of people complainging about not being able to get a 100D with it and trying to decide if they should keep their 90D order...

What the....?
If this is verified, then:
  • All Teslas with 2016 and prior year-plates will have unlimited SpC access
  • Teslas sold prior to mid-January 2017 will have unlimited
  • Teslas sold between mid-Jan and the _____th of May will be limited to 400kWh/yr
  • Teslas sold from the ___th of May and the ___of May will have unlimited
  • (presumably) after that date they once again will be 400kWh-limited
  • until the next change
I don't like this. At all. IF it is verified.

Or even worse, maybe it is to apply just to this one possible purchaser.
Or maybe others who squeak and squawk.

===>ON EDIT: There is a parallel thread in the Model S subforum. These threads should be merged<===

Last edited:
Reactions: MXwing0
is
I'm considering Model X. I have an overnight test drive tomorrow.

Sales office called me and said all orders tonight (by midnight) will include free unlimited supercharging for life of car. So a regular ole 100X, too.

Knowing the deposit is fully refundable, should I go ahead so I can make a decision after the test drive?

Makes me wonder what's in store after July, though.

Ughhhhh

Wow, if true, Tesla sales sounds more and more like a traditional dealer.

As for the midnight tonight stuff, check out this other thread that says its available all quarter.

Free Supercharging

If it is really is free supercharging, and if it really is all quarter long then I'd say get a different sales person. Trying to pressure you into making a big decision like this "by midnight tonight!" is just wrong.

I spoke to 2 separate salespeople. I mean, I find it hard to believe they'd be lying.

As for that other post mentioned, I hope they make it retroactive for everybody (this quarter)- I want everybody to benefit. That has no effect on me.

As someone mentioned above, I don't even have a supercharger closer than 45 miles away. There's one that is supposed to be built in my city by the "end of 2017." I'm not sure that it's a huge benefit. The *only* potential benefit is some small resale value. Would I go out of my way to supercharge? I have no idea.

I also need to see if the 7 seat version is a right fit for my family. I guess I'll find out this weekend!

I spoke to 2 separate salespeople. I mean, I find it hard to believe they'd be lying.

As for that other post mentioned, I hope they make it retroactive for everybody (this quarter)- I want everybody to benefit. That has no effect on me.

As someone mentioned above, I don't even have a supercharger closer than 45 miles away. There's one that is supposed to be built in my city by the "end of 2017." I'm not sure that it's a huge benefit. The *only* potential benefit is some small resale value. Would I go out of my way to supercharge? I have no idea.

I also need to see if the 7 seat version is a right fit for my family. I guess I'll find out this weekend!

If you would be a low supercharger user, then the regular free yearly allotment of supercharging may be good enough.

I hope you do get the unlimited SCing. I like having it but it is not a deal breaker for me. I supercharge about twice a month. Must be some truth to the market hitting a soft spot if Tesla is doing deals

I agree. I have it, and used a SC all of twice in the last 6 months. As for the soft spot, I might be agree. Although, Tesla also has a habit of boosting sales right before an update of some sort.

Prior to the latest launch of the 100D, they pushed unlimited SC. Prior to the launch of AP2, they pushed special lease deals. Etc.

I wouldn't rule out the possibility of them gearing up to launch some sort update.

• Informative
Reactions: Cowby
I agree. I have it, and used a SC all of twice in the last 6 months. As for the soft spot, I might be agree. Although, Tesla also has a habit of boosting sales right before an update of some sort.

Prior to the latest launch of the 100D, they pushed unlimited SC. Prior to the launch of AP2, they pushed special lease deals. Etc.

I wouldn't rule out the possibility of them gearing up to launch some sort update.

Yah-- I think the update they're launching is the final release of Model 3 specs.

We're in that window where, if you COULD wait, you SHOULD wait to see what the final 3 is like. I think they know that too and are trying to give interim sales a little more motivation. The fact that they likely can't deliver a Model 3 to those folks on the fence is immaterial-- that's putting pragmatism into an emotional purchase.