Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New update 2021.44.25 adds customizable app launcher like Model S refresh plus other major upgrades to system.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those who have the update already (still waiting on mine), what is the difference between the new dark mode and the night mode that is currently on the cars?
Not entirely sure to be honest. It’s more gray than black. I feel like the old night mode was darker/black. Here’s a pic. This lighter version feels more useable during the day...otherwise not much difference.

Attachments

• ECBE8D3E-DCB1-404B-8EB1-CF40E93D3CC6.jpeg
    ECBE8D3E-DCB1-404B-8EB1-CF40E93D3CC6.jpeg
    412.8 KB · Views: 96
Reactions: Trilodroid
Got the update this morning. Spent a few minutes sitting in the car figuring things out. Just now I went for a 15 minute drive and I liked pretty much everything. Everything looks cleaner.

Took a minute to figure out how to change driver profile (it's at the top of the Controls page).

As of now my only question is regarding navigation. Before, if you were navigating to a destination and brought up the Energy screen the navigation instructions would move over to the top of the left panel. Now they don't...they're hidden by the Energy screen. I liked having the navigation instructions and Energy screen on the display together.

Got the update this morning. Spent a few minutes sitting in the car figuring things out. Just now I went for a 15 minute drive and I liked pretty much everything. Everything looks cleaner.

Took a minute to figure out how to change driver profile (it's at the top of the Controls page).

As of now my only question is regarding navigation. Before, if you were navigating to a destination and brought up the Energy screen the navigation instructions would move over to the top of the left panel. Now they don't...they're hidden by the Energy screen. I liked having the navigation instructions and Energy screen on the display together.
Seriously?? That was one of the few advantages of the huge white space on the left.

I guess as a work-around to the trip card going away you can add the Energy app to the bottom row to launch with one tap. Not ideal perhaps, but not horrible. I really rely on having the trip-average energy on-screen so I know how much to to mentally de-rate the range estimate on long trips.

Any way you shake it though, this update is going to require more driver interaction with the screen and sub menus, which is a safety downgrade. Hard pass for now from me.
1) Best to display battery charge in percent, not EPA miles (or km) 👍

2) Navigator show estimated charge level on arrival, which is usually pretty accurate after first 20 - 30 miles 😃

One more problem I just noticed. The button to activate Homelink is now on the lower left hand on the screen - right where the blind spot image appears. When I signal to turn into my driveway the blind spot image overrides the Homelink button and I either have to not signal or wait until the image clears before I can activate Homelink. Why not put the blind spot image at the top left of the screen? Much easier to see here as well. What was wrong with Homelink and the driver profiles at the top of the nav screen? Now I have to open Controls to change driver profiles. And why take away the button to show Superchargers on the nav screen and bury it in the navigation search. Finally, still no bird's eye view - really!!? I would love to hear Tesla's rationale for some of these changes.

Seriously, even that’s in a submenu now?

This is the first update ever I’ve considered rejecting …. Yikes. What a UI mess.
Not only the driver profile, now it's the same if you want to know if the dashcam is active... I have no idea why time and temperature are still on the main screen, maybe they left that for the next version... :rolleyes:

1) Best to display battery charge in percent, not EPA miles (or km) 👍

2) Navigator show estimated charge level on arrival, which is usually pretty accurate after first 20 - 30 miles 😃
1) Not my preference, since I usually get very close to rated energy consumption the way I drive so miles is reasonably accurate for me. But need to mentally de-rate for cold or rain.

• Disagree
Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
Not only the driver profile, now it's the same if you want to know if the dashcam is active... I have no idea why time and temperature are still on the main screen, maybe they left that for the next version...
I think Elon would put the speedometer in a sub-menu if he thought he could get away with it. And the fanbois would just say "use voice commands".