Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New update 2021.44.25 adds customizable app launcher like Model S refresh plus other major upgrades to system.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
has any oen figured out how to manually save dash cam footage with out a honk, clicking the camera button just brings up the dash cam, holding it doesnt shut it off like it used to
Tap the CAR icon, then tap the big RECORDING button (with the dot) on the right. If the dash cam is disabled, it'll say RECORD ... just tap the button to enable the dash cam. To disable the dash cam, long press the button.

Last edited:
How many things actually meet your approval ever. Lol.
Glass half empty kind of life. ?
@M109Rider Well, seems like more are unhappy with this V11 and beta FSD release than are happy. Re my expression of dislike re the refreshed MS vibration issue, and endless days and trips to the service center, are valid reasons to be down about my Plaid, IMHO. Mine is a PoS. My MYP is great! May Tesla never deliver to you a PoS, or a firmware that’s not up to par. Of course, a fanboy will espouse endless love for everything made by Telsa or Elon, no matter the condition.

Merry Christmas, if you observe…

Last edited:
People were unhappy with the last UI update as well, until they adjusted or accepted it as is. There are some things that are legit gripes as I read through the thread, but others are just a matter of relearning the new item locations. With time, everything will calm down, lol.
Yep, it is like cell phone OS upgrades - there are usually a bunch of changes that feel like change for the sake of change (round buttons change to square, then back to round a few revs later, etc). There are always some improvements and a few things that feel like a step back. Over time we learn to deal with the issues.....but that doesn't mean the legit gripes shouldn't be addressed.

All that said, this is a car not a phone. It represents a significant financial investment for most folks, people tend to keep cars much longer than phones, and there are potentially serious safety consequences to user interface issues. I can understand how some of these issues would get people worked up.

People were unhappy with the last UI update as well, until they adjusted or accepted it as is. There are some things that are legit gripes as I read through the thread, but others are just a matter of relearning the new item locations. With time, everything will calm down, lol.

That's definitely a factor, esp. for settings to adjust while parked. Another factor is yet harder-to-access driving-critical info and controls (impact depends by the driver's eyes and road conditions) after Elon promised to fix those things from last year's update. Instead they added yet more games.

With much trepidation I decided to install 2021.44.25.2. Overall I'm pleased and there are some great improvements. But here are some issues I noticed:

1. Many of the fonts are harder to read and smaller. Example, the trips page is great, all the trip cards in one place at the same time, but it is an eye chart, esp when driving....far to the right and small numbers. Also, I haven't found a voice command that brings it up, so a two button press is required.
Agree, seems to be poorly designed, simple table. Also shows some useless data like 0 Wh/km on 0 min / 0 km trip.
2. Navigation directions now appear at the bottom of the visualization area, not the top like in the past. Unless you keep your right hand at the very bottom of the wheel, your right hand/arm is blocking the nav directions. They worked so well at the top, why change it?
+1.
3. It appears the visualization area has grown larger. What purpose does this really serve? Sure, it is cool to see what the car is "seeing", and if you are a developer that would be huge. But I'm just driving the car and this video game is really just a distraction drawing my attention inside the car not outside. Please let us shrink or hide this area and put more useful things there.
Not larger. Ability to swipe/shrink it to the left would be really nice.
4. Like others, I am unable to access the cool little strip menu above the car icon we were shown in the tour.

5. The pop up blind spot camera is awesome, I just wish it positioned higher in the screen (see arm blocking view above).
Or even make it full screen. Or make it a floating window that you can position wherever you like.
Again, overall I think it is a great update, though some of the changes feel like change for the sake of change (much like phone updates).
Android got better after 10+ years, lets hope Tesla will do it faster.

Reactions: TexaCali
@M109Rider Well, seems like more are unhappy with this V11 and beta FSD release than are happy. Re my expression of dislike re the refreshed MS vibration issue, and endless days and trips to the service center, are valid reasons to be down about my Plaid, IMHO. Mine is a PoS. My MYP is great! May Tesla never deliver to you a PoS, or a firmware that’s not up to par. Of course, a fanboy will espouse endless love for everything made by Telsa or Elon, no matter the condition.

Merry Christmas, if you observe…
It may seem like more people are unhappy with the update than happy, because most of the feedback here is from many of the same folks that really just complain as often as they can.
Having a bad delivery experience, or continued repairs sucks.
You can chose to make it a mission to rip Tesla endlessly after that, or move on.
I’m pretty sure negative Tesla bashers think all Tesla fans blindly love everything Tesla, because it provides a diversion away from their negativity.
Merry Christmas.

It may seem like more people are unhappy with the update than happy, because most of the feedback here is from many of the same folks that really just complain as often as they can.
Having a bad delivery experience, or continued repairs sucks.
You can chose to make it a mission to rip Tesla endlessly after that, or move on.
I’m pretty sure negative Tesla bashers think all Tesla fans blindly love everything Tesla, because it provides a diversion away from their negativity.
Merry Christmas.
I had a great delivery experience, and have (so far) never needed any service. I was exceedingly happy with the car and with Tesla until the 2020 holiday update. The last year of software has really turned me off of the brand and the ownership experience. There is no excuse for a car company not taking seriously the operation of safety-critical controls in their cars, or in making frequently needed things more difficult to use. At this moment there is no way in hell I would buy another Tesla (or recommend one to a friend) even though it is the best car I have ever driven. It would be very easy for them to win me back, just show any effort whatsoever toward driver-focused design in their UI, and some sense that the needs and preferences of owners are being catered to.

In the 2 UX classes I took in design school in about 96, this exact situation was covered. The consensus is it's better to stick with slightly sub optimal controls to maintain continuity between models and brands.

Back then, headlights on the left stalk and wipers on the right was being called out as less than perfect, but preferable for their ubiquity.

Even if there were minor issues with where things were, it's malpractice to make changes this large to a cockpit interface. Move seat heaters away from temp, ok, add a fan setting on long press of the fan, ok, but delete most controls and add f----ing tik tok apps? This is just unfathomable.