Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New update 32.3 mess up backup camera

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It makes half my garage door openers vanish when the cameras are on.

Others posted this as well. They note only the door openers that are close to your vehicle will show up now. They believe this is so the Homelink pop-up window does not obscure the backup camera as much. Also, the background for the Homelink pop-up window is a bit more translucent to allow the backup camera view to come through it a bit.

Others posted this as well. They note only the door openers that are close to your vehicle will show up now. They believe this is so the Homelink pop-up window does not obscure the backup camera as much. Also, the background for the Homelink pop-up window is a bit more translucent to allow the backup camera view to come through it a bit.

The homelink window covering up the camera has always bugged me. When I back out of the garage, that window is perfectly placed so that covers the sidewalk by my driveway.

I also noticed the slightly translucent homelink window this morning and thought it looked different. I guess it did! Thought I was imagining things.

My doors are right next to each other. It actually doesn’t show the door closest to the car now for some reason unless I close the camera and manually select home link.

Why would you "back" into your garage??? It is much easier to back out of a garage, or parking space for that matter, than it is to back into it.

It's objectively safer to back into spots (and pull out forward)- and it's how truckers are actually trained to do it.

Notice the auto-park feature on the car also backs into spots.

Also, the charger for the car is on the back wall of my garage so backing in makes charging 100x easier... and also puts the trunk nearer the door from garage to house which makes both loading and unloading easier.

Since I'd have to "turn around" once either way I can't see how NOT backing in is ever better.

It's objectively safer to back into spots (and pull out forward)- and it's how truckers are actually trained to do it.

Also, the charger for the car is on the back wall of my garage so backing in makes charging 100x easier... and also puts the trunk nearer the door from garage to house which makes both loading and unloading easier.

Since I'd have to "turn around" once either way I can't see how NOT backing in is ever better.

Makes sense, thanks

• Funny
Reactions: lUtriaNt
Why would you "back" into your garage??? It is much easier to back out of a garage, or parking space for that matter, than it is to back into it.

Notice the auto-park feature on the car also backs into spots.

I used to back my cars into the garage, too. The only reason I stopped doing so is because of where I had to mount my Wall Connector makes it a chore to back into the garage now.

Driving forward to leave the garage allows me to see neighbor kids, stuff in the driveway, cars in the street, etc. much better than trying to twist my neck (which has three fused vertebrae in it) constantly to see all those things. Not to mention the large numbers of blind spots when backing up vs driving forward. I'd much rather hit something in my garage (higher chance of it being lower priced and not alive) while backing into it than hit something in the driveway or street while backing out.

When you're parked nose-first into a parking spot, how many times have you come out and found that you have a high profile vehicle on both sides of you, and then have zero visibility when you back out of that spot? You would have MUCH better visibility in that situation if you were parked tail in, instead. At the very least, the amount of movement your car would have to make before you had useful visibility would be much shorter.

Try backing into both your garage and parking spots for a month. Then decide which works best for you. But you should at least give something a fair shot before you bias yourself against it. ;) Edit: That last sentence came across a lot harsher than I intended it to. I'm honestly not trying to be snarky here. IMO, if you give it an honest try for a month or so, you might very well find that backing into parking spots/garages is less of a chore than you think. :D

Last edited:
Too much traffic coming out of the driveway in the morning so it’s easier to look and pull out and run. Vs trying to look over and around for ppl and cars then reverse and then Put it in drive and hope you don’t get hit. Not everyone has a nice quiet street or neighborhood to leisurely pull out from. Poor people live in dense neighborhoods lol

• Funny
Reactions: lUtriaNt