Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New update and charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
just put in the new update. i don't care about most of the stuff that were improved but the improved charging caught my eye

something about faster charging on DC charging. does this mean less time to charge at superchargers? can anyone tell me what they have noticed? i don't plan on supercharging for 2 weeks

I just did my first trip with supercharging since I'm new to Tesla. I don't know about others, but I did a 15% to 52% charge in 11 minutes, pretty dang fast. Also had a 11% to 70% charge in 21 minutes. This was all in ~30F weather.

Reactions: DrChaos
just put in the new update. i don't care about most of the stuff that were improved but the improved charging caught my eye

something about faster charging on DC charging. does this mean less time to charge at superchargers? can anyone tell me what they have noticed? i don't plan on supercharging for 2 weeks

It means the car will pre condition (heat the battery) supposedly more efficiently. That might let you charge a bit faster if you were normally arriving at a supercharger without your battery being warm.