Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New update for IOS Tesla App (v 2.7.2)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still ignores almost all of the most frequent and long standing complaints about the app. I get more and more annoyed every time they release an update which ignores what we want and adds things no one asked for.

Tesla Motors cares about as much about improving usability as they care about the weather on Mars (wait... Elon probably cares MORE about the weather on Mars). All that drives the, is improving autopilot and getting the Gigafactory chugging, even as other car companies catch up on autopilot and surpass tesla on user interface safety and usability -- I just went shopping with my wife for a Volvo yesterday, and the things they are doing in both those respects is incredible for an "established" car company.

Seems like a new calendar bug introduced. My daily says "no events" yet there are plenty of things on the calendar.
I'm also not encountering any calendar issues since updating my firmware, using iOS 9.2.1 on an iPhone 6. Be sure you do a quick search... There are some threads from the past couple of months with others encountering problems like you describe. Good luck!

Seems like a new calendar bug introduced. My daily says "no events" yet there are plenty of things on the calendar.

When that happens for me I can usually "force" an update by first making sure the calendar on my iPhone is current and then opening the Tesla app on the phone and connecting with the car.

Doing that usually moves data from the phone's calendar to the car's calendar right away.

Just installed 2.7.2 for the first time on my iPhone 6S.
Works perfectly. It synced my calendar from my iPhone to the S for the first time in about 1 minute.
After that is seems to stay synced.

I have been using it with success to pre heat the interior and to initiate car charging in the am for preconditioning.

I wish there was a way for the calendar to initiate these events for me automatically.

[Off topic] Are iOS apps still connected with iTunes?
[Off topic Reply ;)] They do not have to be. Apps an be downloaded/updated directly to iPhone/iPad from the App Store -OR- via Mac/PC that has iTunes installed, then back to the iPhone/iPad via hardwire or WiFi. Sorta whatever way suits your fancy for the past few years, including mix-and-match of the variations.