TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

New update last night no more wiper stutter

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by nando2323, Aug 22, 2018.

1. nando2323

nando2323 Member

I just got the newest update last night 2018.32.2 VIN 268XX. And it was raining this morning and my wipers don't stutter anymore on auto. Not sure if other's reported this or not but figured I would share.

• Like x 3
    • Informative x 1
  2. ZooSean

ZooSean ZOO

My wipers almost not working in auto mode, too slow response, I have to put into manual mode every time. Why Model 3 could not adjust the sensitivity just as Model S/X?

3. Tony_YYZ

Tony_YYZ Active Member

I've been on 32.2 for some time now. Wipers still stutter a bit.

• Like x 1
  4. shrike

shrike Member

I, too, am still seeing the wipers stutter on 32.2.

I also had an odd issue where voice commands, like "navigate to" and "call", were not recognized while the wipers were active. Shutting off the wipers, and voice commands resumed working. I did a reboot, and that seemed to "fix" it. Weird.

5. VT_EE

VT_EE Member

I really scrubbed my windshield with glass cleaner and and a microfiber cloth. It sort of helped. What fixed it was two days of driving in heavy rain with the wipers on. They progressively got better and work great now. No more stutter at all. Whatever was on the wipers or glass, is now gone.

• Like x 1
  6. Tony_YYZ

Tony_YYZ Active Member

Interesting. I had the voice commands being non-responsive a couple times as well. Wipers weren't on at the time.

7. Moeshorzon

Moeshorzon Member

Just picked mine up this week and am on 34.1. I noticed stutter only on auto.

8. VT_EE

VT_EE Member

It will go away once your wipers wear off whatever windshield coating causes it. One day of heavy rain driving fixed my stutter for good.

9. Austindude

Austindude Member

I have stutter on update .34 and had it on .32? In fact I was wondering how to fix it.

10. VT_EE

VT_EE Member

It will fix itself after a good rain storm with a lot of wiping. There is something on the windshield that causes it. Mine are great after the monsoon last weekend.

11. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Member

Mine were doing that, it definitely seemed more like something physical causing it rather than the motors.

12. nando2323

nando2323 Member

Yeah I went though a few bad storms before that upgrade too so maybe it just needed to break in...

13. PhilDavid

PhilDavid Member

If you have issues with stuttering wipers, try thoroughly cleaning the windshield and then claybar it.

The Claybar will remove all sorts of nasty contaminants and sticky residue from the windshield.

14. Subhuman

Subhuman Member

My experience exactly.