Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New update on Teslafi: 2019.32.12.3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can browser now be half screened?

No.

but this is new

CBADC306-592C-40C0-844A-ECD3F48EB3B9.png

Roadside assistant on the app...
Browser for me is even worse, won’t even work at all on MCU1. Not even after reboot
Roadside Assistance has been around for several months and isn't related to this release. Previously, we had it on one car. We updated to v3.10.1 of the app earlier this week. We now see the Roadside Assistance for four of the five vehicles in the app. None of our cars have 2019.32.12.3 yet.

Interesting. What would be the need for that, though? Maybe for those that don’t have Homelink on their 3? Otherwise, it would just be easier to use the Homelink on the screen.
it doesn't add homelink to the phone - it just lets you trigger homelink from the app, using the car.
If your car doesn't have homelink then it won't work, presuming it even shows up.

Interesting. What would be the need for that, though? Maybe for those that don’t have Homelink on their 3? Otherwise, it would just be easier to use the Homelink on the screen.
Think of situations where you're not in the car but need to open the garage door. LOTs of uses for this. Similar to this are the garage door controllers I added to our smart home system. I can open one of the security cameras and see if someone left a garage door open when they left for work and quickly close it via an app on my phone. These devices were about $100 each (two overhead garage doors) and another couple hundred bucks for the smart home controller makes this an expensive investment for the rare occasion you need it. If your car already has it and you can trigger one of your doors from your phone this allows for you to do all sorts of things like let people in the house when you're out of town or open it for a package delivery driver when you know you have an expensive item you want in the garage.

Another great example: when we visit the in-laws they have a separate single-bay garage door that we park in. I've programmed this door as one of our Homelink doors in our cars. It's attached to the house but there's no good way to close the overhead door behind us once we unload all of our stuff from the car. They have a keypad on the outside of the garage but this isn't convenient when your arms are loaded up with stuff to take into the house. We end up having to find the spare garage door opener remote on top of the fridge in the house and using that to close the door once the car is parked and plugged in. Since we're the only ones who use this, half of the time the battery is dead. This was the case when we just visited them last week so that's why it's fresh in my memory. It would have been SO handy to just open the Tesla app, select their garage door and close the overhead door with a single button press from the app. Convenience. That's what so many features are and often they're rarely used but appreciated when they are needed.

Much like many of the other features on these cars, I may not use them all as frequently as someone else but you're glad they exist when you have them. That Homelink control from the app falls squarely in this category. It's just annoying that we've had the button there for a few updates now but it's still b0rk.

I understand what Homelink is and what it is capable of. It’s not that useful since the car has to be within range. I added one of those Chamberlain add-ons for $25 (when it was on sale) on our garage opener to monitor the open/close status and remotely open/close from anywhere in the world using an app. What is this $100 device and separate controller you have?
And all my exterior house doors, including garage door, are smart locks as well.

As you say, I guess this feature on the Tesla app helps somewhat.

I understand what Homelink is and what it is capable of. It’s not that useful since the car has to be within range. I added one of those Chamberlain add-ons for $25 (when it was on sale) on our garage opener to monitor the open/close status and remotely open/close from anywhere in the world using an app. What is this $100 device and separate controller you have?
And all my exterior house doors, including garage door, are smart locks as well.

As you say, I guess this feature on the Tesla app helps somewhat.
I know exactly what you have which is great if you have Chamberlain. My openers are long before Chamberlain ever thought to create WiFi adapters though. I use Linear garage door controllers and a VeraLite (soon to be VeraPlus) smart home controller. I've also got a dozen cameras and another 50 or so smart home devices (to include several dead bolts/doors) so I'm pretty well covered on our garage doors but the use case I mentioned earlier would make this feature on the Tesla app useful.

The point is they added a feature that doesn't work regardless of if you personally find it useful or not.