Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New update on Teslafi: 2019.32.12.3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got upgraded to 2019.32.12.3 last night. Does anybody know if the homelink button on the app is supposed to be there for Classic Model S? The update notes say that there is supposed to be a homelink button on the app, but my version doesn't seem to have one. Maybe it only shows on the app for cars with summon?

We got 2019.32.12.3 on two cars last night. We still have the same Homelink issue with one car.

Car 3 in garage 3 works fine to open garage 3 door. The error message I received earlier was actually because I was too far from the car, not that the car was too far from the garage. Oddly enough, I was closer to car 3 than car 2 and car 2 didn't complain about my location at all.

Car 2 in garage 2 still has the problem where it opens garage 1. I confirmed Homelink settings in car are correct with auto-open on arrival and auto-close on departure only enabled for garage 2.

I will try car 1 in garage 1 tonight to see if it opens the correct door. It's still on 2019.32.12.2.
Based on some things you said I decided that maybe it was a proximity issue. Like maybe you had to be within Bluetooth range for it to trigger for safety or something since maybe they assumed you could potentially see the door to make sure all was clear from this distance? Unfortunately I was wrong though and even standing out in the garage next to the cars yielded no different results that the "No HomeLink Doors exist" error I mentioned previously.

Most of the time this statement is accurate that the 50min estimate is WAY conservative. Especially for MCU2 cars. The v10 update on two MCU1 cars took all of that easily though so if they're going to have a single time estimate it's safer for them to estimate for the highest possibilities.

It would be nice if they had more accurate estimated times so that way you could more accurately decide when to do your upgrades. Instead we now have to plan for the worst (which could delay several days especially with this new alarm triggered upon update bug) and if it takes only 5 minutes it's a bonus.

It would also be nice to see something like:

Downloading update XX% (real time progress)
Verifying Update XX% (real time progress)
Installing Update XX% (real time progress)

That said, they've got enough larger coding/software issues that are more pressing for others so if the resources are a static number I'd rather not see these sorts of things taking them up.

Sorry, but I'd much rather see them spend the programming time on FSD then giving me a to-the-nano-second countdown on it loading/installing. I am never in such a hurry as to wait impatiently for it to get done and if I need to use the car, I just defer it, as anyone can...

Just got upgraded to 2019.32.12.3 last night. Does anybody know if the homelink button on the app is supposed to be there for Classic Model S? The update notes say that there is supposed to be a homelink button on the app, but my version doesn't seem to have one. Maybe it only shows on the app for cars with summon?

It is there for my 12/2016 MS. Did you download the newest app?

Sorry, but I'd much rather see them spend the programming time on FSD then giving me a to-the-nano-second countdown on it loading/installing. I am never in such a hurry as to wait impatiently for it to get done and if I need to use the car, I just defer it, as anyone can...

Apparently you didn't read what I said. Pay pay special attention to the last sentence.

It is there for my 12/2016 MS. Did you download the newest app?

The button exists for those with newer firmware/app updates but I have yet to read about someone who has confirmed 100% proper functionality of said button.

Driving this morning on 12.3, I'm 100% sure the car was reading speed limit signs. Going down the 121 access road, the speed limit is 60, but on the highway it's 70, and you can clearly see both signs from the access road. When the car passed a 70mph sign for the highway, it would switch to 70 on the IC, then when I passed the proper 60mph sign for the access road, it would change back to 60 on the IC. This never happened before.

It would be helpful if we knew what model/year you have. AP1? AP2?
AP1 cars have been reading speed signs for years...

Apparently you didn't read what I said. Pay pay special attention to the last sentence.

OK.

The button exists for those with newer firmware/app updates but I have yet to read about someone who has confirmed 100% proper functionality of said button.

I should have been more specific - with the latest Tesla app download and 32.12.3 I have the Homelink button and it works to both open and close the door. That is why I asked whether he had the newest version. It will not show the status of the door; it will just toggle it to open if closed or to close if opened.

Last edited:
Be watchful when letting your car park itself. It works great and does an amazing job... until it does not. If you feel it might hit the curb/car/wall, hit the brakes timely.
I tried perpendicular auto park one time and not again. The Model S started backing up about three time faster than I would have backed into the parking spot. It did it perfectly, but too fast if I needed to take control.

• Informative
Reactions: APotatoGod
Based on some things you said I decided that maybe it was a proximity issue. Like maybe you had to be within Bluetooth range for it to trigger for safety or something since maybe they assumed you could potentially see the door to make sure all was clear from this distance? Unfortunately I was wrong though and even standing out in the garage next to the cars yielded no different results that the "No HomeLink Doors exist" error I mentioned previously.

I don't believe Bluetooth is involved at all for HomeLink - the app works via the cellular internet connection and Homelink via radio frequency (transmitter in the vehicle)...

OK.

I should have been more specific - with the latest Tesla app download and 32.12.3 I have the Homelink button and it works to both open and close the door. That is why I asked whether he had the newest version. It will not show the status of the door; it will just toggle it to open if closed or to close if opened.

but what year and configuration? I have a 2012 model S and got that update on Monday morning but I still have no homelink button I don't believe it's available to cars that do not have any form of autopilot. still waiting for any pre autopilot car to show up with a homelink button in the app.

OK.

The Tesla can't know the door status because there is nothing to relay this information back to the car. This is to be expected.

I don't believe Bluetooth is involved at all for HomeLink - the app works via the cellular internet connection and Homelink via radio frequency (transmitter in the vehicle)...
No, it isn't. I was testing a theory based on something he mentioned about proximity. I know that all of the communication is done via internet but was trying a testing a theory based on something another user posted. I confirmed first hand that this theory wasn't correct but thought it was worth a shot since the times I tried it I was on the other side of the house a ways from the garage.

Reactions: KrenGrl
Ok thanks, still doesn't make sense to me why it can't say 99% until the app states ready to update.

Stayed on 100% for probably half an hour.

As far as changes, I am going to early guess and say that improved the Spotify app. It is quicker and more stable. Yes, turned off wifi in the garage and on 3G it seems to be much more snappy, and I haven't listened to it for hours yet of course but going back and forth between playlists, albums, radio stations it was quick and didn't hang up once. Only 3 bars of cell in the garage too.
Hmmm, I'd say if you are paying that much attention to the updates and slightly bothered by it, then you are too obsessed with what the car is doing? Go have a drink and play with the dog. You'll be happier :D

Driving this morning on 12.3, I'm 100% sure the car was reading speed limit signs. Going down the 121 access road, the speed limit is 60, but on the highway it's 70, and you can clearly see both signs from the access road. When the car passed a 70mph sign for the highway, it would switch to 70 on the IC, then when I passed the proper 60mph sign for the access road, it would change back to 60 on the IC. This never happened before.
Nope, isn't happening yet. I'd call it a wishful coincidence. Consider for a moment that this might be due to a new map update. But it is not reading the signs yet.

My model 3 (HW3 and FSD) will not see an parking spot easy.
Only detecting 1 out of 20 spots with speeds around 10km.
perpendiculair parking......never had any sugestion yet.
I am on version 12.2, hope that the new update makes it better.

My MB C350E from 2015 did a better job with parking :O

Even AP1 Tesla does a fantastic job at both perpendicular and parallel reverse parking, as long as there are cars around.