Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New update on Teslafi: 2019.32.12.3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Small info: I was previously on 32.11.1 and browser, although working the first days, eventually blanked out and would not resurrect even after reboots.
I upgraded to 32.12.3 Sunday night and browser is again working. Party time! ... In slow mo of course ;)
I’ll probably post in a couple of days that it is again dead, but who knows :p

Reactions: DanKC
What kind of problems are you having? Are you able to use the Homelink option in the car successfully? Both Homelink options in the app work fine for us.

The Homelink button is there but when I click it I get"

"Are you sure?

This action will remotely trigger Homelink"

To which I click "Yes" and get:

"Homelink

There are no HomeLink-enabled garage doors near your vehicle"

...which isn't accurate. There are two in fact. I've got three programmed and two of which are within range of the car when I attempt to trigger the action. I've tried it with both cars both within range of the same doors and the results are the same. I even tried it last week at the other location with the one door when it was within range and had the same results.

Others have commented to having the same issue and so far the commonality appears to be having multiple doors programmed into HomeLink but I have no way to confirm that at this point. Just a very small sample size of similar issues.

• Informative
Reactions: MorrisonHiker

"Are you sure?

"Homelink

...which isn't accurate. There are two in fact. I've got three programmed and two of which are within range of the car when I attempt to trigger the action. I've tried it with both cars both within range of the same doors and the results are the same. I even tried it last week at the other location with the one door when it was within range and had the same results.

Others have commented to having the same issue and so far the commonality appears to be having multiple doors programmed into HomeLink but I have no way to confirm that at this point. Just a very small sample size of similar issues.
We have three Homelink doors programmed into each of our cars but they are all at the same location. I know the feature was working previously but I haven't tested all cars recently. Just now, I tested one of the cars and it "worked" but oddly opened garage 1 instead of garage 2. I'll have to review the Homelink settings on that car. I then tried it on a different car for garage 3 and received the message to move the car closer. Hmm. I'll have to do additional testing later, but it doesn't look like things are working as they used to.

We have three Homelink doors programmed into each of our cars but they are all at the same location. I know the feature was working previously but I haven't tested all cars recently. Just now, I tested one of the cars and it "worked" but oddly opened garage 1 instead of garage 2. I'll have to review the Homelink settings on that car. I then tried it on a different car for garage 3 and received the message to move the car closer. Hmm. I'll have to do additional testing later, but it doesn't look like things are working as they used to.
I was curious to hear your response specifically knowing you have three garage doors. It sounds like you're one step further down the path than I am if you got to that point.

I think I read someone say something about whichever door you have programmed first would be the default and there wasn't a way to specify which one you are trying to trigger... yet.

IMO Tesla really needs to spend a little time perfecting a few of the app features they've already implemented. The ability to select which door you open via HomeLink if more than one exist needs to be a thing. Being able to specify which Tesla your address gets sent to if you have more than one also comes to mind.

It's like the engineer for single-Tesla-families and don't think how these same features will behave if owners have more than one. I'm sure you know exactly what I'm talking about though since you also own several. I digress.

I don't think there are any settings for this within the car's HomeLink settings unless they added it with one of the more recent updates as I checked after the feature was added to the app originally.

"Are you sure?

"Homelink

It's been that way for 3 revisions at least, I actually would prefer it since the tesla app usually opens faster than the myq, and there's no delay before closing. The MyQ also had issues in the past such as erroneously notifying me the garage door was open while I was at work (it was just an issue in AWS, but the message was totally inappropriate for a service failure).

"Are you sure?

"Homelink

I only have one door programmed, and it works fine for me under 2019.32.12.2

Would you then complain it was stuck on 99% for a very long time tho?

It seems there are plenty of people here who work with software and don’t see this as unusual, so I may be swimming against the current here, but isn’t the whole point to give the user some indication of the length of time for the update? If it takes half of the total time before the user can use the equipment or device to get to either 100% or 99%. , and half the time to either sit there or get another 1%. ,then what is the point of having a percent meter or a status bar at all? As it gives no true indication of the total time necessary.

It seems there are plenty of people here who work with software and don’t see this as unusual, so I may be swimming against the current here, but isn’t the whole point to give the user some indication of the length of time for the update? If it takes half of the total time before the user can use the equipment or device to get to either 100% or 99%. , and half the time to either sit there or get another 1%. ,then what is the point of having a percent meter or a status bar at all? As it gives no true indication of the total time necessary.
You make a valid point that if it is a multi-step process then have a meter for each step or start a new meter with clear text on what that next step is. i.e. step-text 1 of 2 (1-100%), step-text 2 of 2 (1-100%).

Usually I don't get these updates for a week or two in the UK without early adopt but here it goes now. I wonder if it has anything to do with the errors and subsequent service booking I made as I've been getting to do with the radar visibility and blind spot detection since the last update.

Does Homelink function requires car with AP?
I have Homelink on my 2013, but no AP. I can't find Homelink icon on my Tesla app.
One Homelink option should be visible under Control in the app. A second Homelink option should be visible under Summon.

We got the update on two 2017 cars tonight. This time, the AP2 car only took about 25 minutes to install. The download on the AP2.5 car has been stuck at 100% for several hours.

The AP2.5 car has been stuck at 100% downloaded for over 12 hours. I will try rebooting to see if that changes anything.