Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New update on Teslafi: 2019.32.12.3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What kind of problems are you having? Are you able to use the Homelink option in the car successfully? Both Homelink options in the app work fine for us.
After installing 32.12.2 my homelink is hit-or-miss. Sometimes I sit in the driveway pressing it five times or more before it will open the garage door. It used to work perfectly. Three doors programmed. Hopefully this new update I just received last night, will fix that. God forbid I should summon it to pick me up down the driveway and it forgets to open the garage door first before coming out. I think I won't use summon for that purpose until I know homelink is working perfectly again. 2016 MS 90D

Last edited:
Reactions: APotatoGod
The AP2.5 car had the update ready when I went out to the car so it appears the app just didn't receive the notification that it was ready to install.

2017 AP2.5/MCU1 install time was 35 minutes.
2017 AP2/MCU1 install time was 20 minutes.

Nothing obvious but neither car has been driven since the update.

Updated to 2019.32.12.3 last night.

Autopark is back.

Since I bought the car, it never was able to pick out parking spots and initiate autopark, and some others here said the same thing so I had dismissed it, thinking it wasn't available on earlier cars. I was pleasantly surprised to see it activate and "take over" to park my car at work this morning.

• Informative

Autopark is back.

Since I bought the car, it never was able to pick out parking spots and initiate autopark, and some others here said the same thing so I had dismissed it, thinking it wasn't available on earlier cars. I was pleasantly surprised to see it activate and "take over" to park my car at work this morning.

Be watchful when letting your car park itself. It works great and does an amazing job... until it does not. If you feel it might hit the curb/car/wall, hit the brakes timely.

• Informative
Driving this morning on 12.3, I'm 100% sure the car was reading speed limit signs. Going down the 121 access road, the speed limit is 60, but on the highway it's 70, and you can clearly see both signs from the access road. When the car passed a 70mph sign for the highway, it would switch to 70 on the IC, then when I passed the proper 60mph sign for the access road, it would change back to 60 on the IC. This never happened before.

It's been that way for 3 revisions at least, I actually would prefer it since the tesla app usually opens faster than the myq, and there's no delay before closing. The MyQ also had issues in the past such as erroneously notifying me the garage door was open while I was at work (it was just an issue in AWS, but the message was totally inappropriate for a service failure).
My buddy has had the MyQ for a number of years now and has nothing good to say about it.

In my specific case my smarthome solution works fantastically but I like to have different options and layers at my disposal. There are rare instances where other methods can come in handy and the example I gave earlier with the in-laws garage door is a great example. We may only use it a handful of times per year but it sure would be handy when we do. Just like using summon when an inconsiderate a-hole parks too close. I've used that function all of one time since we've owned these cars but I still tell people about it when I'm going over all the great benefits of these cars. Face it, that's what a large portion of the features on these cars are so they should work properly when you actually want to use them.

I only have one door programmed, and it works fine for me under 2019.32.12.2
That was my suspicion is that it probably functions fine for people with a single garage door programmed which is probably 99% of the Tesla owners (especially when you consider how many take the time to even program garage doors or have them) out there which is why they haven't fixed it with a few firmware updates. Not enough squeaky wheels to get the grease.

They always say 50 mins but my 2016 S is invariably quicker than that, easily.
Most of the time this statement is accurate that the 50min estimate is WAY conservative. Especially for MCU2 cars. The v10 update on two MCU1 cars took all of that easily though so if they're going to have a single time estimate it's safer for them to estimate for the highest possibilities.

It would be nice if they had more accurate estimated times so that way you could more accurately decide when to do your upgrades. Instead we now have to plan for the worst (which could delay several days especially with this new alarm triggered upon update bug) and if it takes only 5 minutes it's a bonus.

It would also be nice to see something like:

Downloading update XX% (real time progress)
Verifying Update XX% (real time progress)
Installing Update XX% (real time progress)

That said, they've got enough larger coding/software issues that are more pressing for others so if the resources are a static number I'd rather not see these sorts of things taking them up.

Be watchful when letting your car park itself. It works great and does an amazing job... until it does not. If you feel it might hit the curb/car/wall, hit the brakes timely.

Yeah, I don't totally trust AP as it stands (I love it, but still have trust issues), so when the Autopark magically activated this morning, I hit the brake before it completed for fear that it would hit one of the columns supporting the roof in the parking area.

Last edited:

Autopark is back.

My model 3 (HW3 and FSD) will not see an parking spot easy.
Only detecting 1 out of 20 spots with speeds around 10km.
perpendiculair parking......never had any sugestion yet.
I am on version 12.2, hope that the new update makes it better.

My MB C350E from 2015 did a better job with parking :O

Driving this morning on 12.3, I'm 100% sure the car was reading speed limit signs. Going down the 121 access road, the speed limit is 60, but on the highway it's 70, and you can clearly see both signs from the access road. When the car passed a 70mph sign for the highway, it would switch to 70 on the IC, then when I passed the proper 60mph sign for the access road, it would change back to 60 on the IC. This never happened before.
Man, I would love for that to be true. Have resorted to going onto Openstreetmap and making my own adjustments to local roads.

After installing 32.12.2 my homelink is hit-or-miss. Sometimes I sit in the driveway pressing it five times or more before it will open the garage door. It used to work perfectly. Three doors programmed. Hopefully this new update I just received last night, will fix that. God forbid I should summon it to pick me up down the driveway and it forgets to open the garage door first before coming out. I think I won't use summon for that purpose until I know homelink is working perfectly again. 2016 MS 90D

Mine too! You are not crazy. It is driving me nuts!

Reactions: Cape Coddess
We got 2019.32.12.3 on two cars last night. We still have the same Homelink issue with one car.

Car 3 in garage 3 works fine to open garage 3 door. The error message I received earlier was actually because I was too far from the car, not that the car was too far from the garage. Oddly enough, I was closer to car 3 than car 2 and car 2 didn't complain about my location at all.

Car 2 in garage 2 still has the problem where it opens garage 1. I confirmed Homelink settings in car are correct with auto-open on arrival and auto-close on departure only enabled for garage 2.

I will try car 1 in garage 1 tonight to see if it opens the correct door. It's still on 2019.32.12.2.