Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New update???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bug fixes from what I can tell. Just a guess, bug fixes are rarely discussed in the notes. According to TeslaFi it was sent to Canadian owners first? A lot more updates in Canada compared to US, so probably fixes for heating, rear defrost, windows, etc. which would be more of a problem for our neighbors up north.

Bug fixes from what I can tell. Just a guess, bug fixes are rarely discussed in the notes. According to TeslaFi it was sent to Canadian owners first? A lot more updates in Canada compared to US, so probably fixes for heating, rear defrost, windows, etc. which would be more of a problem for our neighbors up north.
Seeet. I need that considering it’s going to be in the teens tonight... hopefully a in the steering wheel.

Nice guess, but it's something else unimportant :)

Mine just updated to 2020.48.30manynumbers*bad*

see attached pic - what does the *bad* at the end mean?

See yellow arrows.

1B962CCB-0410-46B5-BBE4-A0CA50150EF0.jpeg

It means nothing. That is the git verification code, a SHA hash value to identify the update, something to validate the download and confirm that it is not corrupted or tampered with. It is a hexadecimal value which means 0-9 A-F are all valid characters, so B A D are all valid, just a coincidence that it happens to be that value which is a word.

2020.48.30 Official Tesla Software Update | Teslascope
Supposed to be the value shown on that web page which does end in BAD

When coding hex values programmers like to take advantage of these A-F characters to create values that are phrases or words, for ex. DEADBEEF

• Love
Reactions: lachambers