Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I realize that, but it doesn't mean they can't break it again.
I certainly hope they didn't ;)

I'll also leave this here : Based on Elon latest tweetstrom, we should expect a focus on improving HW2 before getting 8.1 (which he said should be available in "a month or so"). He also said that they are "almost there" for AP1 parity.

I guess that's encouraging. :)
Revamped App should be here in about 2 weeks.

Source : Elon's twitter

EQ is not broke in this version (I/we) installed. Don't know or observe any other obvious differences yet..... but confirm auto parking is also not enabled yet. Everybody should post a note like below about their config to avoid confusion:

|v8.0(17.5.28)| AP2-HW2 | PUP |

I found this statement so untrue that I had to go and read the tweet for myself. I just had an AP1 loaner car and I can't believe how many features my AP2 MX is missing. I wonder of Elon's team is giving him the full truth.

You may be misinterpreting him as well. Since he's on the inside with the developers, I interpreted the message to mean "we are almost done developing it and releasing it to customers", not that the customers' current version is almost on par with AP1.

Would be interesting to know if this update software-fixes the camera pitch angle issue. Elon tweeted something about dynamically cropping the image for those with the wrongly adjusted pitch angle, instead of recalling them all to the service centres for elbow grease work

Anyone else feel their side collision avoidance feature is not working?

I've had indicators that it's telling me a side collision might be happening if I change lanes.

Nothing showed up with
1.) TACC on and off.
2.) turn signal on or off.

I've had indicators that it's telling me a side collision might be happening if I change lanes.

Nothing showed up with
1.) TACC on and off.
Same here, I assumed this was work like a blind spot indicator but anytime I had a vehicle in adjacent lane there was no indication on the IC of any potential sign indicating I might collide if I turned lanes now.

Btw, does anyone what. exactly should side collision warning do? Should it also be able to engage autosteer to prevent of a potential danger coming from sides?

TACC works flawlessly I used it 90% of my daily 25Miles commute. Autosteer is very very nascent, can't handle slightest of curves and goes very close to other lane, TACC gets extra sensitive to phantom red cars when autosteer is engaged, many times it applies sudden breaks and throws warnings. I wouldn't be using it till it is smoothened enough for highway and also on high speeds.

Btw, does anyone what exactly should side collision warning do? Should it also be able to engage autosteer to prevent of a potential danger coming from sides?
It is my understanding that Side Collision Warnings should beep if you are about to collide with an obstacle on either side of the car. For example, if you're about to make a lane change and there is a vehicle there.

My take so far:

- TACC seems to use regenerative braking more. This result in smoother stopping.
- TACC still detects parked car on the side as a stopped vehicle and apply brakes.
- Autosteer is still barely usable IMO. Curves are not handled properly. It also steer too close the edge of the road.
- I didn't see any change from the previous update for Side Collision warning so far.
- My cover arts for my Favorites don't load, never had this before the update

Side note: since the update my car seems to be using a lot more power. It might just be me and I'd need more miles to see if I can get it down.

Last edited:
Reactions: krazineurons
It is my understanding that Side Collision Warnings should beep if you are about to collide with an obstacle on either side of the car. For example, if you're about to make a lane change and there is a vehicle there.
and is it still expected for the driver to manually ensure of any vehicles in the lane prior to making the change? So then how does this warning help?

and is it still expected for the driver to manually ensure of any vehicles in the lane prior to making the change? So then how does this warning help?
Yes, the driver still needs to (manually) ensure that there isn't a vehicle prior to any lane changes (by car or by driver).

However, if there is a vehicle, you should get a warning. Also, if you use AutoSteer to make the lane change for you, it should wait until the lane is clear (but driver should also ensure it's clear beforehand).

There is a lot of redundant checks, but ultimately, it's up to the driver to take responsibility and control if the system makes a mistake.

Yes, the driver still needs to (manually) ensure that there isn't a vehicle prior to any lane changes (by car or by driver).

However, if there is a vehicle, you should get a warning. Also, if you use AutoSteer to make the lane change for you, it should wait until the lane is clear (but driver should also ensure it's clear beforehand).

There is a lot of redundant checks, but ultimately, it's up to the driver to take responsibility and control if the system makes a mistake.
Well that moots the purpose of this assistance system, doesn't it? I know it is how even AP1 was but why blow the trumpet about this functionality at all? It can't be used as a blind spot assistance system either. Am i missing something?

Well that moots the purpose of this assistance system, doesn't it? I know it is how even AP1 was but why blow the trumpet about this functionality at all? It can't be used as a blind spot assistance system either. Am i missing something?
It is super good at notifying you if you drove past a parked car a couple of seconds ago.

I find that I am much more alert using these assistance features than I would be just driving on my own, lost in my thoughts.

Is that why they are so much safer?:)

Reactions: disagree

Nothing showed up with
1.) TACC on and off.
Yup. I have tried to get it to at least reflect there is something there for two days and nothing. However, it does notice all the plants in decorative parkways though. Thank God it let's me know about those evil shrubs. Alternative vehicles perhaps?

Reactions: MXWing
I got mine... V8.0(17.5.28) today...

Did the change the Charging Software - I have the High Amperage Charger Upgrade.. I noticed an improved MPH charging rate.. I at home I have a 100Amp circuit with the 72 Amp Charger..

Before the upgrade I was charging at a rate of 35 MPH - I remembered calculating that charge rate was about 1/2 an amp per hour... Today after the upgrade today, I am charging at a 54 MHS or about 3/4 an amp per hour... A 50% improvement.

Both before and after, same voltage being reported 226V and 72/72 Amps...

Has anyone experienced it?

Oh a pic of it charging...

charging.PNG