Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New upgrade option as of 9/19

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i pulled the trigger on EAP yesterday for NoA and lane change assist. Tried summon on a target run yesterday. I have heard it doesn’t work very well so I parked in a not very busy of the parking lot. Came back out after shopping and used smart summon. Didn’t have any issues. I also used it to back into/out of my garage and it worked very well with no issues for me.
How do you get it to go in your garage? Stand where you want the front of the car to be and then move away before it's done?

How do you get it to go in your garage? Stand where you want the front of the car to be and then move away before it's done?

I pulled in and aligned it with how I normally park. Then hit reverse on summon standing to the side. Settings stopped it 12in before it would “hit” anything. Stopped itself. I also have a setting where you must hold to summon. You can always let go and it should immediately stop if it’s on a collision course.

Interesting enough for us guys that have a Model Y on order we still only have the FSD upgrade option in our Tesla account. I absolutely would (will) upgrade to EAP if that is still there once I take delivery. NOA and lane changes are 90% of what I wish I had now with basic AP. The thing I hate on the freeway is being stuck behind a slower truck or car and having to disengage AP to pass and then activate it again...

Wonder if this is just an end of quarter thing or if it’ll hang around for awhile...
I'm noticing this as well. Kind of annoying because there are reasons I'd like it to be included in the purchase price.

Interesting enough for us guys that have a Model Y on order we still only have the FSD upgrade option in our Tesla account. I absolutely would (will) upgrade to EAP if that is still there once I take delivery. NOA and lane changes are 90% of what I wish I had now with basic AP. The thing I hate on the freeway is being stuck behind a slower truck or car and having to disengage AP to pass and then activate it again...

Wonder if this is just an end of quarter thing or if it’ll hang around for awhile...
It's only good until Sept. 30th.

I pulled in and aligned it with how I normally park. Then hit reverse on summon standing to the side. Settings stopped it 12in before it would “hit” anything. Stopped itself. I also have a setting where you must hold to summon. You can always let go and it should immediately stop if it’s on a collision course.

I saw a video on youtube where you double press the park button, get out and close the door, the car auto pulls into the garage. I haven't tried because i normally back into the garage. not sure if it knows to back in instead of drive forward...

According to chat, you can have them or your SA add it on, even if you don’t have the car yet.

I agree with you. What I really want is the ability to pass slower vehicles on a highway without disengaging but not sure if that's worth $4000. I am using the free trial but it got totally confused on a two lane road and disengaged itself. Another time it tried to steer into head on traffic on a curve on a heavily traveled two lane local road. Which means the only time I would use it would be on 4 lane highways.

How did
I agree with you. What I really want is the ability to pass slower vehicles on a highway without disengaging but not sure if that's worth $4000. I am using the free trial but it got totally confused on a two lane road and disengaged itself. Another time it tried to steer into head on traffic on a curve on a heavily traveled two lane local road. Which means the only time I would use it would be on 4 lane highways.
how did you get a free trial ?

I've activated the Enhanced Auto Pilot free trial but it doesn't seem to be working at all - no lane changing, no auto park, etc. I've watched videos and read descriptions in support but no success. I've been trying to get Tesla Support on the phone but having very long wait times.
From an email from Tesla:
As a reminder, you can purchase Enhanced Autopilot for $4,000 until September 30.
Navigate on Autopilot and Auto Lane Change will guide you from on-ramp to off-ramp by taking on merges, interchanges, exits and pass slower cars, with your active supervision—while Summon and Autopark can add additional comfort and convenience in a crowded parking lot.
To upgrade from Autopilot to Enhanced Autopilot, visit the ‘Upgrades’ menu in your Tesla app or log into your Tesla Account.