Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New upper trunk molding

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Aloha! Did you have this ordered and installed at the Kaka'ako Service Center?

Yup, sure did.

I had to get my charge port door replaced yesterday so I called on Monday morning to order the garnish and was told the part was in stock and that they would install it at the same time they had it for the port replacement.

Paid $32 plus tax

• Informative
Reactions: fseir
Yup, sure did.

I had to get my charge port door replaced yesterday so I called on Monday morning to order the garnish and was told the part was in stock and that they would install it at the same time they had it for the port replacement.

Paid $32 plus tax
Thanks. I’ll probably wait until I need to get something else taken care of, but good to know they know about the garnish.

Can you please confirm the part number of this piece? I tried asking Sc and they weren’t able to locate the part number another member provided in earlier post

Yes, it is the trunk garnish. Interesting they didn't put it on....

Attachments

• 20180721_150706412_iOS.jpg
    20180721_150706412_iOS.jpg
    482.9 KB · Views: 182
  • 20180721_150731298_iOS.jpg
    20180721_150731298_iOS.jpg
    492.8 KB · Views: 159
  • 20180721_150742274_iOS.jpg
    20180721_150742274_iOS.jpg
    490.6 KB · Views: 167
Sorry to dust off this thread, but I wanted to add that Tesla will install this piece under warranty, so if yours is missing, I suggest you put in a request to get it done. Call it a safety concern for bumping your head on something sharp if you get pushback.

My theory is the supplier for the piece missed their deadline during initial production and Tesla went ahead without it, and simply started putting it in when the parts finally got there.

Sorry to dust off this thread, but I wanted to add that Tesla will install this piece under warranty, so if yours is missing, I suggest you put in a request to get it done. Call it a safety concern for bumping your head on something sharp if you get pushback.

My theory is the supplier for the piece missed their deadline during initial production and Tesla went ahead without it, and simply started putting it in when the parts finally got there.
I second this. I was able to get mine installed on early VIN5xxx

Wait, are you saying they are no longer charging for the garnish? That’s awesome, if true. Hopefully they’ll reimburse those that paid for it, too.

One year later, I finally have a reason to return to the SC: FSD computer upgrade!

When scheduling, I requested the trunk garnish, and the rep had no idea what I was talking about. Had to explain it to him several times, and then finally he found it in the inventory. Luckily for me, they had one in stock, and he said it cost $35. I asked him if Tesla would cover it, since all new M3s have this part, and he said he’d have to check. Later, they emailed me my service estimate, and it said $0.00, Pay type: Goodwill Service. Thanks Elon! :D