Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New V9 42.2 Software Update - Re-calibration and Maps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey - I just got the new V9 update and I read that it needs to re-calibrate the cameras and it has to have the newest version of the maps software.

How do I know I have the latest version of the maps? I have only had my car for about 1 month and haven't had any map downloads that I know of...........

I have used the new V9 version and it seems to work......haven't figured it all out yet but the functionality seems to be there.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

You'll get a notification on the screen "most" of the time if the maps have been updated. If your car is 1 month old you have the new maps, the SC would have loaded them for you or they would have been installed when your car got setup given it's so new as they want them for v9. I forget if it's required or not, I want to say it is, but I don't fully remember.

I doubt they will do that. When I got my MX back in June, it came with 2018.14.3. After I bought it home and connected to home WiFi, it got a software update to 2018.21.9 the next morning.

Umm, you realize that's the SC that does that right? When you bring your car in or get it delivered in order to save time I assume, they create a ticket to upgrade your car to the latest firmware. So, it's "very" common to leave the SC, connect to wifi and shortly after get the latest and greatest. Heck it use to be, you didn't even need to schedule a service, you just needed to connect to the SC WiFI, but they changed that, so now they just create a job when you bring you car in to ask the car to do a handshake and download the latest software.

• Informative
Reactions: aesculus
Umm, you realize that's the SC that does that right? When you bring your car in or get it delivered in order to save time I assume, they create a ticket to upgrade your car to the latest firmware. So, it's "very" common to leave the SC, connect to wifi and shortly after get the latest and greatest. Heck it use to be, you didn't even need to schedule a service, you just needed to connect to the SC WiFI, but they changed that, so now they just create a job when you bring you car in to ask the car to do a handshake and download the latest software.
I don't know if they actually created a ticket when my car was delivered so that it will get the latest firmware. My point is that when they deliver the car to you, it is not at the latest firmware. I wasn't a Tesla car owner before June, so I don't know when 2018.14.3 was released, but this version was running on my car when it was delivered (Week 25 of 2018).

I read once that if you have the V9 HOV option available to you, then you have the new maps. Or at least the version needed for V9. Otherwise I haven't seen any way to tell if your maps are ready to go. I didn't seem to have any problem with maps after our 2018.39.6 and 2018.39.7 updates.

• Informative
Reactions: bollar