Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New vampire drain after updating to 2020.28.5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2020 LR+ was losing 3-4 miles a day very consistently. I updated to this new version yesterday evening, and awoke this morning to a loss of 8 miles in 12 hours. I'm watching it today and it's lost 2 more miles in just 3 hours. Sentry off, cabin overheat protection off, I didn't use or enter the car since the update.

Anyone with a similar experience?

If you're watching it, you're keeping the car awake, by definition. A one-time drop could be any of a million things, I wouldn't read too much into it.

Having said all that, my car is also staying awake during the day, when it used to sleep pretty reliably. Since software updates come every 2 weeks these days, it's not really worth (in my opinion) worrying about it too much unless it becomes a prolonged insomnia...

upload_2020-7-28_15-7-28.png

My X hasn't slept since it was upgraded to 2020.28.5 about 20 hours ago. Before then it was sleeping 15 minutes and staying awake 42 mins, repeated over and over. It used to sleep until the next scheduled charge. All per TeslaFi with normal Sleep Mode enabled.

Our 3 is sleeping just fine after the 2020.28.5 update, also about 20 hours ago.

If you're watching it, you're keeping the car awake, by definition. A one-time drop could be any of a million things, I wouldn't read too much into it.

Having said all that, my car is also staying awake during the day, when it used to sleep pretty reliably. Since software updates come every 2 weeks these days, it's not really worth (in my opinion) worrying about it too much unless it becomes a prolonged insomnia...

View attachment 569982
I didn't watch it, I just checked in the morning once. The behavior certainly changed. I've checked with the same consistency before this and maintained 3-4 miles a day then.