Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • The final cut of TMC Podcast #27 is available now with topics time-stamped. We discussed: Consolidation in LiDAR manufacturers; Volvo EX90 shipping with LiDAR; FSD Beta Full Release in N.A.; FSD detecting autopilot cheats, Gwen Shotwell directly overseeing SpaceX Starship; and more. You can watch it now on YouTube. We should have it published to podcast networks shortly.

New Vanity Plate

The replacement for displacement

NOLITRES.jpg

Too bad they didnt go with one of the other designs pitched a few years ago, but at least from a distance it no longer screams 'NYer'... useful during New England pandemic travel.

You mean when they switched to the "old" orange/yellow? I didn't know there was other considerations, because that orange/yellow is by far the worst thing ever. Can't wait for the other 2 vehicles registrations to be up to get out of that horrid looking plate. Compared to that I'm absolutely in love with the excelsior.

No no, I mean the runner ups to the Excelsior final design from a few years back.

You Choose the New State License Plate

I believe they did something similar with the old-is-new-again yellows in late 00s before the switch to them in the early 10s.
It just wasnt as public or transparent.

I voted for the one with the torch in the middle, but the one they chose is fine. Miles better than the trash that only looked good on NYC taxis.

Reactions: Perscitus

Gasaraki

Oct 21, 2019
Syracuse, NY
Ah yes, a custom NYS Excelsior plate.
Looks good.

Too bad they didnt go with one of the other designs pitched a few years ago, but at least from a distance it no longer screams 'NYer'... useful during New England pandemic travel.

Got mine earlier this summer. Kept old numbers.

I also paid $20 to change the plate from yellow to the new white ones.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC