Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New vehicle delivery with Mobile connector?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks.
It so crazy with Tesla. I love their cars but first the dance with EDDs, people exploiting their software by adding/removing FSD, SAs having no clue..and now this thing with Mobile Connector.

I have already ordered and returned thw j1772 adapter, and have ordered the 1450 adapter. Wondering if I should order the MC too!
RE 'first the dance with EDDs'
I am still waiting (after 11 months and 2 days) for a MYLR ordered 9/17/2021 in Dublin, California. ED. was 'danced' about 18 times. Current EDD#18 is a 2-weeks window (8/20 to 9/3) starting tomorrow, and I keep my fingers crossed, The previous 2 weeks-window EDD#16 was 'updated' to a 4-weeks window EDD#17 on the starting day of EDD#16, and I hope this will not happen again.
RE '... and now this thing with Mobile Connector' before
Orders before April28, 2022 and delivered after 'mid-August' should get a Mobile Connector with both NEMA 5-15 and NEMA 14-50 per Tesla web site dated August 1, 2022, see my screen shot here-above. Note that the bundle -described on the web page- does not include any J1772 adapter.
But only when (and if) I get my MYLR will I know for sure what comes with it ;-(

Reactions: Happy Hippo
RE 'first the dance with EDDs'
I am still waiting (after 11 months and 2 days) for a MYLR ordered 9/17/2021 in Dublin, California. ED. was 'danced' about 18 times. Current EDD#18 is a 2-weeks window (8/20 to 9/3) starting tomorrow, and I keep my fingers crossed, The previous 2 weeks-window EDD#16 was 'updated' to a 4-weeks window EDD#17 on the starting day of EDD#16, and I hope this will not happen again.
RE '... and now this thing with Mobile Connector' before
Orders before April28, 2022 and delivered after 'mid-August' should get a Mobile Connector with both NEMA 5-15 and NEMA 14-50 per Tesla web site dated August 1, 2022, see my screen shot here-above. Note that the bundle -described on the web page- does not include any J1772 adapter.
But only when (and if) I get my MYLR will I know for sure what comes with it ;-(
I asked someone on this forum who got a delivery yday and had an OD back in '21. They even got a 200$ store credit. It might be a lottery if u get ur MC or 200$ credit. Anyway.. Let us know. All the best!

I asked someone on this forum who got a delivery yday and had an OD back in '21. They even got a 200$ store credit. It might be a lottery if u get ur MC or 200$ credit. Anyway.. Let us know. All the best!
Thanks for the info. Two questions though:
- will the $200 credit covers the cost of a Mobile Connector at delivery?
- if I order a 'Tesla wall' at delivery, would I get a 50% discount as described on the web site?

Today is the 1st day of my two weeks window (EDD#18 from 8/20 to 9/3) and day 337 of my long wait for a MYLR (pearl white, black interior, no financial, no trade-in) since OD 9/17/2021 from Dublin, Northern California. I still do not have a VIN.

In my case,
Once I got the VIN I received the email with the promo code.

The code can be applied to cover the full cost of the mobile connector including the 1450 plug, or can be applied for $200 off the wall connector

i picked up the car yesterday and UPS just dropped off MC kit with no out of pocket cost to me. The J17729 adapter was separate and in the car.

so this is a pretty good deal and gives the customer a choice on what the prefer

Not great communication but it worked just fine for me

In my case,
Once I got the VIN I received the email with the promo code.

The code can be applied to cover the full cost of the mobile connector including the 1450 plug, or can be applied for $200 off the wall connector

i picked up the car yesterday and UPS just dropped off MC kit with no out of pocket cost to me. The J17729 adapter was separate and in the car.

so this is a pretty good deal and gives the customer a choice on what the prefer

Not great communication but it worked just fine for me
Thanks for the info. I have not yet received a VIN, but I will follow up when I get it.
Did the MC comes with a NEMA 5-15 as well, in addition to the NEMA 14-50 ?

Re 'Not great communication' I could not get any info from Tesla about the MC, but luckily I did find TMC members :) The same goes for the delivery expectations: Tesla does not provide any visibility, and only TMC shows EDD spread in its spreadsheet; it reveals a wide discrepancy between Sales sites, pointing at Dublin CA as potentially the worst for delivery delays.

Thanks for the info. I have not yet received a VIN, but I will follow up when I get it.
Did the MC comes with a NEMA 5-15 as well, in addition to the NEMA 14-50 ?

Re 'Not great communication' I could not get any info from Tesla about the MC, but luckily I did find TMC members :) The same goes for the delivery expectations: Tesla does not provide any visibility, and only TMC shows EDD spread in its spreadsheet; it reveals a wide discrepancy between Sales sites, pointing at Dublin CA as potentially the worst for delivery delays.
Yes, 5-15 included as well
ha, did not know where Dublin was…..you are a lot closer to Fremont than me, hang in there, it is worth the wait

The voucher is all well and good, but right now the site shows the mobile connector is sold out. Do folks who ordered ahead and should have gotten a physical connector in their car get into a different queue? This will be my only nearby (And free!) way to charge the car so I don't want to wait until I get a VIN and then be put into more Tesla waiting hell for a connector I need to make the car functional. I ordered 11/1/21 and my EDD is still October-November, so is there a chance this voucher is temporary and by the time my car arrives ill have a cord waiting for me?

For anyone who has used their coupon does it cover the tax also?

As above, I also noticed the MC is out of stock which would be annoying if one needs it right away. Maybe Tesla should start getting the coupons out to people before delivery time so they can get an order placed for MC and hopefully get it before delivery day.

Gen3 wall charger and $200 mobile charger kit ordered in June at same time as MYP order. Wall charger mailed to house immediately, just received email tonight from tesla with tracking# for mobile kit being shipped to my house.
Hope this is a prelude to a vin shortly? Edd begins sept 01………..