Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New version bp pulse home charger help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi

I have just had my bp pulse home charger (oval shaped style) replaced under warranty with the new version bp pulse home charger (grey rectangular unit).

The instructions mention that you can access it via a web portal (but does not state what the URL is for this), via an app (coming soon, this was dated March 2021) and via the chargers webui.

I have been provided with no logon details for either the mysterious URL portal or the webui ( I can access the charger webui via its internal IP address on my network, but requires user and password, which I do not have either) (the installer set up the connection of the charger to my Wi-Fi if anyone asks, but did not share any logon information )

Having been in touch with bp pulse I now have a URL for the web portal. They have no knowledge of the chargers own webui details. They said it will take 7-10 days to register and set up the unit. No date given for an app. Total and utter farce.

So, I am looking to see if anyone else on here has the new style bp pulse charger, and if so, how they access it remotely (or locally).

Thanks in advance

Sorry to hear this. Why would anyone approach a fossil fuel company to fit an EV charge point? Did you seriously expect BP to provide a great service and help everyone switchover from ICE to EV? There is a reason why BP is the least liked charging company in any ranking table.

Reactions: Pink Duck
Sorry to hear this. Why would anyone approach a fossil fuel company to fit an EV charge point? Did you seriously expect BP to provide a great service and help everyone switchover from ICE to EV? There is a reason why BP is the least liked charging company in any ranking table.
Some people don't get a choice if it comes as part of their lease/salary sacrifice deal. Obviously they can go to the extra expense of replacing it with something else but you would want to see if you can live with it first.

Some people don't get a choice if it comes as part of their lease/salary sacrifice deal. Obviously they can go to the extra expense of replacing it with something else, but you would want to see if you can live with it first.
My neighbour's BMW had an option to get BP ChargePoint fitted for free. He made the right decision to get PodPoint installed instead.

My neighbour's BMW had an option to get BP ChargePoint fitted for free. He made the right decision to get PodPoint installed instead.
The choice 2years ago, when the old style charger was fitted, was based on it been the recommended charger for my wife’s Mini Electric. Had I known then what I know now then I would not have gone with BP, and is why I went with PodPoint for my Tesla.

However, this is where we are, and if anyone who has experience of the new charger can provide any information on how we connect to it, then I would be grateful if you could share.

Reactions: prabhu