Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog New Version of Enhanced Summon Rolling Out This Week

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

A new version of Tesla’s Enhanced Summon is expected to be delivered this week to Early Access Program members, Chief Executive Elon Musk said in tweet.

Enhanced Summon enables Tesla owners to operate their car through the Tesla app rather than from behind the wheel. The vehicle is able to autonomously travel to the driver’s location. For instance, a driver could summon their car from a parking lot and have it meet them at the front door.

Musk said that Tesla has been fine-tuning the self-driving feature to improve performance on aspects like identifying curbs.

The Enhanced Summon feature is part of the company’s Full Self-Driving suite that Tesla has said will be fully operational by the end of the year. Tesla has continued to deliver features of the Full Self-Driving suite, including Navigate on Autopilot, which enables the car to navigate interchanges, on-ramps, and off-ramps without assistance from the driver.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Funny
Reactions: boonedocks
Progress for those who got it but not for those who are left out.

I bought FSD since 2017 and I still have not got a hold of any of its versions even though I was promised that we would be Early Program Access for buying FSD prior to March 2019.

Reactions: emmz0r
His recent comment about it being difficult getting the cameras to recognize various shades of gray as a curb or boundary sounds like an argument for LiDAR (or at least that LiDAR would be an expensive shortcut until vision is refined). But for summon, I'd expect the sonar proximity sensors to be sufficient since we're usually dealing with low speeds and close distances. Is the problem, then, detecting curbs for longer distance route planning as in getting into and out of parking garages? I admit that is sometimes difficult for humans, too.

Reactions: mswlogo
A new version of Tesla’s Enhanced Summon is expected to be delivered this week to Early Access Program members, Chief Executive Elon Musk said in tweet. Third revision of Enhanced Summon hopefully going to Tesla owners with early access later this week— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) June 24, 2019 Enhanced Summon enables Tesla owners to operate...

Now the SIXTH 6th #6 for this exact scenario from Elon. We can’t even get a little excited anymore

Last edited by a moderator:
Tesla was promising something very similar "Real Soon Now" when we bought our car in 2015 as long as you were on private property. Not so much delivered though.

Yes, Autopilot 1 ”meet you at the curb”. This is what Tesla adverised in 2015, never happened of course. In fact hasn’t shipped even for AP2+ yet. Neither did any of that ”automatic garage door opening at calendar time” happen.

Tesla was also supposed to ship a Navigate on Autopilot like feature for Autopilot 1 at the end of 2016.

Tesla 2015:

2A2F9135-4505-4674-9D1E-17901B469F0F.jpeg

Tesla, September 2016 (a month before AP2 launch that is) — this 8.1 firmware was said to come out in December 2016 (never did, Tesla eventually shipped a completely different ”8.1” without it and any of the features announced for 8.1 prior):

himlxhdbj3pwtdwacacv.png

Last edited: