Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My first choice would be a browser version for the Model S (just create an "entry mask" with all the required entry fields, this sends the request to your servers and those deliver a static website to the Model S browser. No dragging around the route etc. in this version - but it would work on the Tesla screen which you are actually allowed to touch while in the car (as opposed to a phone...).

Second choice: Android app - let's just face it: Android has a bigger market share than the overly expensive Apple universe...

Apple (but that's another story). ;-)

Cheers

Frank

If I had to choose it would be an app. Apple. Preferably optimized for the iPad but iPhone optimization would be OK too.
Of course I would like it on the Tesla display too, but that sounds hard to do considering the limitations you describe. Do not give up on the computer version because it is the one i will use mostly. Android has a bigger market share for general population but I expect Apple is far more common with Tesla owners.
EV Tripplanner is awesome work-- Elon should hire you

Any idea when they'll add 70d as a selection?

You guys need to bear in mind that "they" is a kid named Ben who, with the help of his family, created this absolutely brilliant tool. As I understand it, the site is supported completely by donations which will also be used to put Ben through college.

You folks who want "they" to modify the site to include 70's would do much better with, "Hey Ben, I donated to your college fund via your website. Will you please add the 70D information for us?"

You guys need to bear in mind that "they" is a kid named Ben who, with the help of his family, created this absolutely brilliant tool. As I understand it, the site is supported completely by donations which will also be used to put Ben through college.

You folks who want "they" to modify the site to include 70's would do much better with, "Hey Ben, I donated to your college fund via your website. Will you please add the 70D information for us?"
And, IMHO, his site has a huge free rider problem. Only 279 people have donated $12,100. C'mon people, if you use the site, pony up! :wink:

EV Trip Planner

(And no, I'm not affiliated with Ben or his family...)

:) I am still waiting on my Tesla, haven't used the site yet. Would donate once I am able to use it.

Not to mention that Ben also lost his father recently. Even though it has been months, I cannot fathom that things have found a new normal in the family yet. It's never easy losing a loved one. Add to that graduating from high school and moving for college, it's quite understandable that EVTripPlanner isn't up to date on the latest Tesla developments.

- http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/40335-Cliff-Hannel-and-EV-Trip-Planner
- http://my.teslamotors.com/forum/forums/sad-news