Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New VINs with auto dim mirror issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey there, I just saw on the FB model Y group that apparently there is an issue with the auto dim mirrors on newer vins that they can’t be fully adjusted. For taller people they can’t be moved all the way out or up? The service center apparently tried on multiple new cars and the issue was widespread. Anyone else have these issues?

Hey there, I just saw on the FB model Y group that apparently there is an issue with the auto dim mirrors on newer vins that they can’t be fully adjusted. For taller people they can’t be moved all the way out or up? The service center apparently tried on multiple new cars and the issue was widespread. Anyone else have these issues?
What's your VIN - have you seen this issue on yours?

75xxx. Auto dim side mirrors. I’m 6’ 3” and have noticed that the further the driver side mirror is adjusted “away” from the car the more it points downward. “Closer” to the car, the higher I can adjust it. Passenger side mirror, no issues.

75xxx. Auto dim side mirrors. I’m 6’ 3” and have noticed that the further the driver side mirror is adjusted “away” from the car the more it points downward. “Closer” to the car, the higher I can adjust it. Passenger side mirror, no issues.

My Model 3 does the same thing. I can still get enough adjustment outward to see what would be my blindspot ok.