TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

New vs Used vehicle Warranty differences

Discussion in 'Model S' started by StanMI, Sep 27, 2019.

1. StanMI

StanMI Member

Does anyone know what/If they are different.

I'm looking at a used vehicle from Tesla and it offers a "Used" vehicle Warranty.

Just wondering if anyone has had any positive or negative experience using the "Used" version.

2. StanMI

StanMI Member

Really hoping somebody has a couple thought here.

About to pull the trigger and not sure if this is a concern or not.

3. pgkevet

pgkevet Member

Aftre owning one for a year and reading assorted forums I wouldn't buy another tesla without having every nut, bolt, blemish, panel and component listed as to whether its warrantied or not - they seem to keep moving the goalposts.

4. ChiP90D

ChiP90D Member

There are no differences between the two. As long as the used vehicle is purchased from Tesla with less than 50,000 miles you’ll get the 4 year from purchase date and/or 50,000 additional miles, whichever comes first. A vehicle with over 50,000 miles will get you a 2 year from purchase date and/or up to when the odometer hits 100,000 miles. There was no language difference in the warranty I received than that of a new vehicle. However, you should take care to note that this warranty will not cover pre-existing cosmetic defects, paint scratches, scuffs on seats, etc.

5. StanMI

StanMI Member

Thanks ! That's what I was looking for !

Now, if I could get someone from Tesla to return a message !!!

6. StanMI

StanMI Member

Well that sucks !! Car sold before I got a call back.

I did not hit the "Buy It Now' option. Should I do that too (maybe) hold the car until I get my questions answered ??

On to the next one !!