Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New vs Used vehicle Warranty differences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know what/If they are different.

I'm looking at a used vehicle from Tesla and it offers a "Used" vehicle Warranty.

Just wondering if anyone has had any positive or negative experience using the "Used" version.

Aftre owning one for a year and reading assorted forums I wouldn't buy another tesla without having every nut, bolt, blemish, panel and component listed as to whether its warrantied or not - they seem to keep moving the goalposts.

There are no differences between the two. As long as the used vehicle is purchased from Tesla with less than 50,000 miles you’ll get the 4 year from purchase date and/or 50,000 additional miles, whichever comes first. A vehicle with over 50,000 miles will get you a 2 year from purchase date and/or up to when the odometer hits 100,000 miles. There was no language difference in the warranty I received than that of a new vehicle. However, you should take care to note that this warranty will not cover pre-existing cosmetic defects, paint scratches, scuffs on seats, etc.