Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New VW ID 4 Reveal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
for mass market appeal - as Vanilla says - great and it gets more tractors off the road.

but what sort of "keys in the bowl" party are BMW i3, Citroen Cactus and Nissan Qashqai designers attending to create the new VW shapes ?

Still don't get the point of them at all. I worry that others unfathomable love of them well mean we'll never get a truly practical EV estate car.

Not many company drivers have estates, and the prime EV market at present is company care drivers as that is where the most tax breaks are in many countries.

I expect in two years time we will start to see estate EVs but maybe not on dedicated platforms as the sales of estates are not that high.

Not many company drivers have estates, and the prime EV market at present is company care drivers as that is where the most tax breaks are in many countries.

I expect in two years time we will start to see estate EVs but maybe not on dedicated platforms as the sales of estates are not that high.
I know, and it's unfathomable to me. Estates give you all the driving dynamics of a normal car with all the practicality of an SUV. It's the best of both worlds. I acknowledge I'm in a huge minority here (if that isn't an oxymoron) but I don't understand, if practicality is your issue, why people will happily forego the style, dynamics and better performance and economy of an estate and go for an SUV. It's just something that makes me sad because, being in a minority, I know it'll be a very very long time before I can get the EV I really want

I know, and it's unfathomable to me. Estates give you all the driving dynamics of a normal car with all the practicality of an SUV. It's the best of both worlds. I acknowledge I'm in a huge minority here (if that isn't an oxymoron) but I don't understand, if practicality is your issue, why people will happily forego the style, dynamics and better performance and economy of an estate and go for an SUV. It's just something that makes me sad because, being in a minority, I know it'll be a very very long time before I can get the EV I really want
Google Model S shooting brake.. it's been done

I saw my first one on the road today. Just a passing glimpse - initial impressions - bigger (at least taller) than I expected but decent styling. My son called it an ID.3 on stilts - he is generally not very approving of the ID range styling.

I saw one at a local Ioniq charger, as you said I was surprised at just how big it is. A few things would make me drop this a couple of places down the list though. Firstly, price. It's expensive once you start adding options that I would call useful(heat pump, charging cables etc), the new style VW interior and functionality and the warranty.

If I were in the market next year for an ID4 sized vehicle I would probably put Ioniq 5, EV6 at the top, followed by Mach-E