Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Wall Charger "Partially Configured" - how to finish?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My new wall charger setup went fine with the wizard, and the summary page indicates "Installation Complete!" with a green checkmark. But the main (home?) page for the device indicates "Partially Configured". What's missing?

I've re-run the wizard multiple times, and have power-cycled the wall charger. No change.

Other info:
  • The charger displays a single solid green light
  • The device upgraded it's firmware to 0.8.58 (from 0.8.55)
  • The device main web page takes a long time to respond - like about 45 seconds, but then it navigates between pages instantly
Is this expected behavior? If not, how can I resolve it. Thanks for any help.

Reactions: chand
I am stuck on partially configured also but I'm not able to change as described. Suggestions?

How do I get the firmware update?

What is the point? Seems nothing can done on this page such as charge scheduling.
I will answer my own question. Older version (IIRC I had 0.8.4 IIRC) there is no way other than calling 510.249.2490. Newer versions have a button on their main web interface page to update firmware.

Just got mine installed and it's also stuck on "Partially Configured." I tried to change the breaker setting but it says "forbidden." I've also tried power cycling the unit...For reference it is also on 0.8.55+gf94eafcd564fe0.
Had the same problem. To change that setting, I think you have to connect directly to the WiFi AP inside the wall connector (the one you connect to when you first set it up, "TeslaWallConnector_xxxxxx"). And I think that is only available for a few minutes after you first power on the connector, so you'll need to flip the breaker off and on to see it.