Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New wall connector with wifi

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla has a new Wall connector (USA) with wifi connectivity and new options like load sharing. How about load balancing options?
Wall Connector

Question: In the Netherlands we usually have 3x25A available at home. 240V. If you opt for a heavier 3x35A connection, it will cost you around 600 euros per year extra.
If you want to be able to charge 3x16A, (the regular max. amount over here) the fuse of a phase is quickly overloaded. (bad experience) This is why load balancing with other devices in the home (cooking and heating) is wanted. Will this be supported by the WIFI connection? And how to make this work?

Tesla has a new Wall connector (USA) with wifi connectivity and new options like load sharing. How about load balancing options?
Wall Connector

Question: In the Netherlands we usually have 3x25A available at home. 240V. If you opt for a heavier 3x35A connection, it will cost you around 600 euros per year extra.
If you want to be able to charge 3x16A, (the regular max. amount over here) the fuse of a phase is quickly overloaded. (bad experience) This is why load balancing with other devices in the home (cooking and heating) is wanted. Will this be supported by the WIFI connection? And how to make this work?
I had the same questions, but since i have a rfd card to start loading(lease) i cant do anything with any protocol wifi or ittt.