TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

New Wall Connector :)

Discussion in 'Model X' started by pluginx007, Apr 12, 2016.

1. pluginx007

pluginx007 MXCar :)

2. X Fan

X Fan Member

positive development....

3. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

Should I replace mine, just had one installed ):

4. X Fan

X Fan Member

Same here....going to keep the “old” one until my 3 gets delivered in 2017 or so (with a sunshade I hope)....

5. Macgaver

Macgaver Member

Cable is really short now. I have two parallel places in my garage and was planning to have the charger between the two garage doors.

Because of the new short cable, not sure I can reach the car if parked on the left spot.

6. McManX

McManX Member

The pdf say 8' and 24' so probably two options, only 1' shorter

7. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Active Member

It lists both a short and long cable, the HPWC with the short cable probably costs less. One could hope it could be enough less that you could buy two HPWCs and network them on one circuit. ;)

8. Macgaver

Macgaver Member

9. pr0teu5

pr0teu5 Member

Neat, I'm still wondering when we'll get the snakebite though.

10. loganintx

loganintx Member

$500 for 8.5 foot cable
    $550 for 24 foot cable
    I just ordered mine, tried to pay via PayPal but it kept erroring out after completing Paypal login and returning to Tesla site and clicking complete order. Switched to just entering CreditCard on Tesla's site and that order went through but VISA fraud alert sent me an email and text asking if the purchase was legit.

11. vandacca

vandacca Active Member

Funny that Tesla is having issues with PayPal. As far as I know, Elon is still somehow active at PayPal (still largest stock holder?).

12. BrettH

BrettH Member

Anyone know Tesla's return policy on the wall chargers? I bought the wall charger less than a month ago, and it's still new in the box. Can I return it to get the new one? Or at least get refunded the difference in price?

13. Gas Guzzler

Gas Guzzler Member

Similar situation here with a new charger but I just had it installed. I just emailed Tesla and waiting to hear back.

14. K-MTG

Let me know what they say, not sure if it is worth uninstalling or returning. I purchased at the end of March

15. Monkey

Monkey Member

#15 Monkey, Apr 12, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
    Have a brand new one here in a box too. Had it for over 30 days though as my electrician hasn't been able to do the work -- my installation of the new circuit isn't going to be that easy. I'd love to swap for the newer model because it's newer, I guess... Not so sure that it's necessary and I still need the long cable that I already have... Would be nice to have the newer model so I can add a second one as a slave later as I plan to get a Model 3 as well. Then we wouldn't have to try so hard to juggle the charger between cars. Going to install it in the center wall between our two garage doors, so we can park on either side or accommodate more than one Tesla, so don't know if it's that big of a deal.

EDIT> Given the limited availability of the new one (3+ weeks estimated delivery time) and that should have my car by then, I don't really have an option to swap out the one I have. Probably best to install the one I have and call it good. Then down the road, if/when I get another Tesla, I get two of the newer chargers that can operate together on the same circuit. Oh well. It's nice that the new one is priced more aggressively too.

16. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure this All Out

As far as returning a HPWC from their order site:

Is it possible to return a product?
    You may return your unused product in the original packaging for a full refund of the merchandise price within 30 days. Expect a refund to your credit card within 14 to 28 days after we receive your return (although you may see it sooner). Tesla Motors will cover shipping costs for defective product(s). Service-installed accessories are non-refundable after installation has occurred.

17. K-MTG

Do you think it is worth uninstalling and returning?

18. danbucks

danbucks Member

sweet, I was just about to order, and not happy with, a second mobile connector kit, nor the price of their old wall kit ...

19. X Fan

X Fan Member

Did same and fits perfectly between the center wall of the garage doors ( and with a small footprint that doesn’t bleed into walkway). Given the quick charge nature of HWPC I believe this approach will suffice when my second vehicle arrives.

IMG_3016.JPG

• Like x 1
  20. Gas Guzzler

Gas Guzzler Member

Tesla's reply to my purchase that has been 32 days. Lol. Anyone else?

Thank you for contacting Tesla Motors. Unfortunately, Tesla does not make price adjustments for our vehicle accessory products. Due to our Return Policy which is outlined on our Help Page, we cannot process a return for your Order #XXX for the Wall Connector as it has been over 30 days since purchase.

We apologize for any inconvenience. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.