Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Web Series: Explain Tesla Like I'm 5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey,

When I told my daughter Tesla is offering a free kid's Model S if someone uses our referral code, she was excited about possibly getting one. I was like: "Well, you need to earn it."

Over the past two years, she has come to quite a few charger openings, EV meetups, green fairs, and schools to demo our Model S. I was curious how much she had picked up and was actually impressed.

To get things started, I asked her to "show people how to charge a Tesla" and just let the camera roll. Over time, I'll ask her about parts and features of the vehicle and see what she says. Dunno if anyone will care or if people will get a kick out of the younger generation knowing so much about the car.

Playlist:
Explain Tesla Like I'm 5 - YouTube

Direct Link to First Video:

Any requests on what she should explain next?

Hey,

When I told my daughter Tesla is offering a free kid's Model S if someone uses our referral code, she was excited about possibly getting one. I was like: "Well, you need to earn it."

Over the past two years, she has come to quite a few charger openings, EV meetups, green fairs, and schools to demo our Model S. I was curious how much she had picked up and was actually impressed.

To get things started, I asked her to "show people how to charge a Tesla" and just let the camera roll. Over time, I'll ask her about parts and features of the vehicle and see what she says. Dunno if anyone will care or if people will get a kick out of the younger generation knowing so much about the car.

Playlist:
Explain Tesla Like I'm 5 - YouTube

Direct Link to First Video:

Any requests on what she should explain next?

No requests, per se, but figured I'd add my own fun/cute anecdote: my 2 1/2 year old daughter demands to plug in the Model S when we get home. She doesn't quite have the strength to get the plug in all the way, but she knows to bring it over, press the button, wait for the light to turn white, line up the plug, and, with some help from Dad, push it in until the light turns blue.