TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

New Web Series: Explain Tesla Like I'm 5

Discussion in 'Model S' started by MarkS22, May 23, 2017.

1. MarkS22

MarkS22 Member

Hey,

When I told my daughter Tesla is offering a free kid's Model S if someone uses our referral code, she was excited about possibly getting one. I was like: "Well, you need to earn it."

Over the past two years, she has come to quite a few charger openings, EV meetups, green fairs, and schools to demo our Model S. I was curious how much she had picked up and was actually impressed.

To get things started, I asked her to "show people how to charge a Tesla" and just let the camera roll. Over time, I'll ask her about parts and features of the vehicle and see what she says. Dunno if anyone will care or if people will get a kick out of the younger generation knowing so much about the car.

Playlist:
    Explain Tesla Like I'm 5 - YouTube

Direct Link to First Video:

Any requests on what she should explain next?

• Love x 4
    • Like x 2
    • Funny x 2
  2. MarcusMaximus

MarcusMaximus Member

No requests, per se, but figured I'd add my own fun/cute anecdote: my 2 1/2 year old daughter demands to plug in the Model S when we get home. She doesn't quite have the strength to get the plug in all the way, but she knows to bring it over, press the button, wait for the light to turn white, line up the plug, and, with some help from Dad, push it in until the light turns blue.

• Like x 3
  3. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

Too cute! Maybe by the time I get my Model 3, my granddaughter may be old enough to attempt to plug my car in for me (she just turned 2). :)

4. Max*

Max* Autopilot != Autonomous

My 6 year old checks for other cars tailpipes, and she goes "nope, not electric".

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  5. EchoDelta

EchoDelta Member

Walking around with my 4-year old; a shiny new ferrari stops at a light and we pause next to it as it does it's idling growl.
    As we walk around he looks at the rear end and goes "Dad! this is a reeeaaally oooold car!"
    I ask "Sure - Why is that?" and he goes "Old cars have a tailpipe, but this one has FOUR!!"

• Funny x 3
    • Love x 1