Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Wheels and OptiCoat Pro

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At approximately 14,000 miles, it was time to replace our 21" tires, so we took the opportunity to downgrade to 19" stock wheels. I like the look of the 21's better, but we're putting about 2,000 miles per month on the car and we'd prefer not to keep feeding it the pricier, shorter lived 21's. We may end up with some TSportline turbines one day, but for now we wanted the convenience of a one-stop tire and wheel solution, so we just had our SC take care of it all.

Under the heading of "I should have done this on Day 1," we had Scott of scottwax.com here in DFW prep the car and apply OptiCoat Pro yesterday. Scott and his son worked for about four hours removing 14,000 miles worth of swirl marks and applying OptiCoat.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    1,023.9 KB · Views: 648
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    703.3 KB · Views: 583
Last edited:
At approximately 14,000 miles, it was time to replace our 21" tires, so we took the opportunity to downgrade to 19" stock wheels. I like the look of the 21's better, but we're putting about 2,000 miles per month on the car and we'd prefer not to keep feeding it the pricier, shorter lived 21's. We may end up with some TSportline turbines one day, but for now we wanted the convenience of a one-stop tire and wheel solution, so we just had our SC take care of it all.

Under the heading of "I should have done this on Day 1," we had Scott of scottwax.com here in DFW prep the car and apply OptiCoat Pro yesterday. Scott and his son worked for about four hours removing 14,000 miles worth of swirl marks and applying OptiCoat.

What is that black box under the cone? Your car looks very shiny with the Opticoat