Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Wheels for MS -- 21" Sonic Carbon Twin Turbine

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't see another thread on this, but the old Turbines are gone -- replaced with Sonic Carbon Twin Turbine.

These are nice looking wheels (better than the Aracnids) ,but I do like the traditional Turbines better. They have more of a classic look.

They also seem to have the same center cap as the Model 3 hiding the lug nuts. I wonder if these will get the same Aero cap treatment?

And let me say it first: THIS MEANS AN ENTIRE MODEL S/X INTERIOR REFRESH IS IMMINENT! :D:rolleyes:

upload_2018-1-19_8-21-7.png

Last edited:
@Lukez If they're aiming to refresh something, perhaps i'm in the window. I could only hope to start Tesla ownership that way. Usually my luck runs that something gets updated just after i receive it. Since my delivery has always been March, it may not effect me. I'll fav this thread and let you know if I get pushed to April.

Never buying 21's again. Made the switch to 19's on all three Tesla's after multiple road hazard events. I haven't had any RH events with the 19's...

I would pay $5900 for forged wheels that are 19's weighing ~ 15 lbs. otherwise I pass..

In order of preference in looks on 21" wheels
1. Original Turbines
2. Arachnids
3. New Twin Turbines.

I have the Arachnids on my car due to looks, weight reduction and strength of the wheel. Hopefully the Arachnids will hold up better than Turbines vs the potholes.

If they came up with a lightweight forged 21" Turbine, I would trade my arachnids for them.

KTKAZ - I directly asked my DS this. The answer was "I have no idea, but will get back to you". I'm sure that will not happen. My hunch is that they are certainly not heavier, so there can only be an upside to having these, if you're ok with the looks.

Last edited:
KTKAZ - I directly asked my DS this. The answer was "I have no idea, but will get back to you". I'm sure that will not happen. My hunch is that they are certainly not heavier, so there can only be an upside to having these, if you're ok with the looks.

I think the wheels in general look different from the configurator to real life so I'm optimistic on myself liking them. Please let us know once you hear back!

I didn't see another thread on this, but the old Turbines are gone -- replaced with Sonic Carbon Twin Turbine.

These are nice looking wheels (better than the Aracnids) ,but I do like the traditional Turbines better. They have more of a classic look.

They also seem to have the same center cap as the Model 3 hiding the lug nuts. I wonder if these will get the same Aero cap treatment?

And let me say it first: THIS MEANS AN ENTIRE MODEL S/X INTERIOR REFRESH IS IMMINENT! :D:rolleyes:

View attachment 274329

Not....your too far away from the mothership. Priority #1 is Model 3. Think 2H2018....