Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New wheels introduced

Oct 13, 2019
Arizona
Woke up this morning to check the status of my delivery, hit the refresh button and my wheels changed. Looks like they only changed performance.

Attachments

• 0A69B9EB-AD63-43BE-A0A3-4176F2F316D7.png
    0A69B9EB-AD63-43BE-A0A3-4176F2F316D7.png
    661.5 KB · Views: 46

Kilotango74

Apr 2, 2019
Palmdale, CA
I saw chatter on the performance waiting room and quickly logged in to check my order. It looks as though this is an automatic change and I love the new color.

Watts_Up

Mar 4, 2019
In a galaxy far, far away
Woke up this morning to check the status of my delivery, hit the refresh button and my wheels changed.
Looks like they only changed performance.
Interesting, on the official order web page, the Performance gets darker 20" wheels instead of the silver one?

All the other models can still get the 19" silver wheels.

I whish the Performance would give also the choice to get the Chines 19" wheels.

WilliamG

Apr 20, 2019
Seattle, WA
I think it’s a bit underhanded to change the wheel color on existing orders. For example I don’t know that I like dark wheels on dark cars, so it might impact my paint color choice. At least they should email you to confirm etc.

Kilotango74

Apr 2, 2019
Palmdale, CA
I think it’s a bit underhanded to change the wheel color on existing orders. For example I don’t know that I like dark wheels on dark cars, so it might impact my paint color choice. At least they should email you to confirm etc.
Isn’t the same thing as eliminating paint options like silver. I’m sure people who had orders in were effected. It’s not really anything new for Tesla and shouldn’t be a big shock.

camalaio

May 28, 2019
Vernon, BC, Canada
I hope these come in 19" one day, looks nice.

I fully expect that even though people are having them show as gray now, some will be delivered with the older silver wheels.

Isn’t the same thing as eliminating paint options like silver. I’m sure people who had orders in were effected. It’s not really anything new for Tesla and shouldn’t be a big shock.

Just because Tesla did something completely not shocking for Tesla doesn't make it not underhanded. If I have got the Midnight Silver Metallic exterior, I would not have been happy about this change personally. What's the point of custom-order-only cars if the company can just switch things on you after you've made an order?

Kilotango74

Apr 2, 2019
Palmdale, CA
I hope these come in 19" one day, looks nice.

I fully expect that even though people are having them show as gray now, some will be delivered with the older silver wheels.

Just because Tesla did something completely not shocking for Tesla doesn't make it not underhanded. If I have got the Midnight Silver Metallic exterior, I would not have been happy about this change personally. What's the point of custom-order-only cars if the company can just switch things on you after you've made an order?
Sure you can look at it that way because now it’s effecting you. I have a performance model on order myself and frankly this dosent surprise me in the least after reading these forums for over a year. That’s what buying from Tesla is like. Personally I like the new wheels and 1k price doesn’t seat me a bit.

Last edited:

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC