Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Winchester Service Centre

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The plans showing the signs indicate vehicle charging! Very welcome news. I pass this place a lot. Would be really handy

upload_2020-6-12_21-51-25.jpeg

It’s also interesting that there is nothing showing as coming soon here on the Tesla map. Perhaps it’s replacing the suggested new service centre in Southampton? Probably a more practical location.

I've seen more Teslas in Winchester than Southampton, even for a city that's significantly smaller. Residents access to disposable money and liberal ideologies of Winchester vs Surrounding areas, makes them popular in the area.

Was idly looking at the Tesla.com map earlier and noticed this. I assume the location hasn't moved from the above Winchester site and it's just Tesla being Tesla? Didn't there used to be a 'coming soon' service centre in Southampton as well?

Screenshot 2020-08-05 at 11.01.03.png

Whilst picking up my Model 3 from Southampton a couple of weeks back, I met 3 Tesla trainees who were due to start at Winchester as soon as it was open. They advised me there would be SuC installed, and hoped it would open early October. Given there's still no activity on site, this is clearly not going to happen.