Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Winchester Service Centre

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Over the past week there has been activity inside the showroom apparently changing the spotlights.

I went past on Monday and there was a crew prepping the hole for the Tesla totem at the front corner of the site.

This morning there was a signage company with a scissor lift at the store front clearly putting up a new sign on the frontage. I will pop back again later today to see if it finally looks like a Tesla place.

Re superchargers: There is nothing on the planning application and I highly doubt the planning consultants would want to jeopardise the application by risking a rejection on extra traffic grounds. I am sure they will try again once the SC is up and running, especially as there is a substation adjoining the back of the site so it should be an easy add technically.

20200930_084708.jpg

I have the common problem of constant condensation in one of the rear lights of my 6 month old Model 3. If I try to book it in for repair they offer me one of the London service centres and no ranger option. Winchester is 10 minutes from where I am in the Test Valley so I’m waiting patiently for this one to open so I can book it in to be done there!

I have a service appointment booked to fix a rear door alignment issue which I noticed during my collection from Southampton on 8th September. I have been told I need to go to the Bristol SC on the 15th of October to get this fixed which is not ideal as I live in Poole. The Winchester SC would be much more convenient so maybe I should postpone until they are up and running.

Vehicle Charging -

Do you have any theories on when they'll be open for business? I've got a pending M3 order, for Q4 and would rather pick it up here than London

Surely the Southampton Delivery hub (in the docks) would be closer still?

I got that option after I got a test drive from there and mentioned my collection was supposed to be West Drayton - they changed it for me.