Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Winchester Service Centre

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Tranceporter thanks - I’ll call them next week and see what the situation is. My booking is still showing as ‘pending’ but the SC contact I spoke to who was very knowledgable about Winchester said that staffing was the only problem and they were close to sorting that.
Where do you see the status of appointment? I received a confirmation email the day I booked and in my Tesla app it shows “Preparation” status.

Winchester SC finally opened this week and they called me on Wednesday to book me in to get my door alignment issue fixed. The appointment is booked for Friday 22nd January. However I’m not clear if the current lockdown rules permits me to do this. It will be approx 100 mile round trip from Poole. Does anyone know if having your car serviced outside your local area is allowed?
Mine is also booked for the 22nd (8:30 am) so will call them to confirm. Hoping it will be a ‘whilst you wait’ appointment otherwise I’ll be cancelling and trying to get a mobile one (if they exist!).

Mine is also booked for the 22nd (8:30 am) so will call them to confirm. Hoping it will be a ‘whilst you wait’ appointment otherwise I’ll be cancelling and trying to get a mobile one (if they exist!).
Mine was originally booked in as a mobile appointment back in September but then they cancelled it saying it needed to be done at a Service Centre. Wasn’t prepared to drive a 200 mile round trip to Bristol at the time for which is essentially a minor cosmetic issue so I said I would wait for the Winchester SC to open. Now I’m not so sure it’s justified given the current lockdown restrictions and can wait until things start easing up. I will however contact them to see if they have somewhere I can wait for the work to be completed.

5A4548D5-4438-4988-BF8A-03D9815174DA.jpeg

Had a call from Winchester SC and a very helpful agent. Told me that the rear door handles do not sit flush with the body (unlike the fronts) and so likely there was not much they could do about it. The misaligned boot is marginal so I cancelled the appointment as it’s not worth my while 2 hours driving plus the wait time. He did also say that sorting misalignment is sometimes a bit hit and miss and might not be able to get it spot on anyway. I’ll get them to look at that next time I need to book it in for something else.