Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor New Window Tint Blocks 98% Infrared Heat by XPEL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does the XR Plus experience the rainbow effect when look thru with polarized sunglasses on? Photosync has this issue. Let me know I am on the fence about XR Plus and Photosync. TSER is really one of the factors, color and clarity are as well. I dont want to see grain. One thing I didnt like is you stated that XR Plus has a Bluish hue to it as well.

Reactions: Watts 4 Me
I had xpel xr plus tint installed recently. I'm not sure if this is normal but I can see little grain specks scattered throughout the film. It's also not very clear looking out to the side mirror. I first thought it was curing but it's been a couple of weeks and no change. The place I used was a high volume reputable place. I'm very disappointed with it so far. It does look good from the outside and I'm satisfied with the heat rejection, but it's very annoying to see blurriness and little dots looking outside

I had xpel xr plus tint installed recently. I'm not sure if this is normal but I can see little grain specks scattered throughout the film. It's also not very clear looking out to the side mirror. I first thought it was curing but it's been a couple of weeks and no change. The place I used was a high volume reputable place. I'm very disappointed with it so far. It does look good from the outside and I'm satisfied with the heat rejection, but it's very annoying to see blurriness and little dots looking outside
sounds like you have dust specs in your tint. pics?

Does the XR Plus experience the rainbow effect when look thru with polarized sunglasses on? Photosync has this issue. Let me know I am on the fence about XR Plus and Photosync. TSER is really one of the factors, color and clarity are as well. I dont want to see grain. One thing I didnt like is you stated that XR Plus has a Bluish hue to it as well.

clownpuncher,

Every window tint on the market will provide that rainbow effect when looking through polarized sunglasses. It will depend on the curve/shape of the glass with how prevalent the look is.

Can it be installed on the outside of the all glass roof on a Model S? The glass heats up and radiates a lot of heat into the car. How effective in terms of reducing interior temperature is it? Is there lab data to support the claim? Inside window install is not very effective.

Hotrodder,

Window tint cannot be installed on the outside of the glass, it can be installed on the inside though to reduce heat inside the vehicle. As stated above, XR PLUS can block up to 98% of Infrared heat which is the heat you can feel. Does that mean your car will be ice cold when you get in, not at all. Does it even mean that it won't be hot at all? No. But, it will be noticeable cooler and because the tint rejects so much heat, it means that your Tesla doesn't have to work as hard to cool down the cabin. You'll noticed a decreased cooling off time as well.

Simon21,

This sounds like installation error. Please take it back to your XPEL installer and have them inspect and fix the issue. If they won't, contact us directly at 210-678-3700 or [email protected] and we'll be more than happy to assist you.

Looking for an xpel authorized installer in the MD/VA area with competitive prices. Any recommendations?

is95aus,

Yes, contact them below. Ask for Brett or Tiffany and tell them XPEL sent you.

All American Paint Protection
1029 E. Gude Drive
Suite 103
Rockville, MD 20850

[email protected]

Tel: 301.704.9348

had xpel xr plus tint installed recently. I'm not sure if this is normal but I can see little grain specks scattered throughout the film. It's also not very clear looking out to the side mirror.

I have Xpel Prime XR Plus on my Model 3 and outward vision is crystal clear. No specks or artifacts are visible. I do wear polarized sunglasses (Maui Jims and Oakley), but have not noticed the Rainbow effect.

My Xpel window tint and full coverage Xpel ppf was installed by @Premiertint in El Dorado Hills, CA. They did an awesome job and I'm completely satisfied with the investment.

I looked a little closer. Seems like the little specs are mostly the graininess of the film. One of the windows looks blurry like there is prominent adhesive behind it, and another needs to be replaced but the other windows look good. I like the color and I'm glad I went with a little darker than I first wanted to, but the graininess is a little annoying. You get used to it after a while though

I looked a little closer. Seems like the little specs are mostly the graininess of the film. One of the windows looks blurry like there is prominent adhesive behind it, and another needs to be replaced but the other windows look good. I like the color and I'm glad I went with a little darker than I first wanted to, but the graininess is a little annoying. You get used to it after a while though

We would still recommend going to get it checked out so all the windows look great and there is no blurriness or strain on your eyes.

On a side note, do you warranty tint against bubbling?

Bubbling should not happen with XPEL PRIME Window Tint. Take it back to your installer and have them address it.

XPEL PRIME™ Automotive Window Film
Warranty Coverage
XPEL warrants XPEL PRIME™ Automotive Window Film to be free of manufacturer defects for the life of your vehicle. Covered defects include: discoloration, fading, bubbling, peeling, cracking, and delamination.

• Informative
Reactions: BrokerDon
Bubbling should not happen with XPEL PRIME Window Tint. Take it back to your installer and have them address it.

XPEL PRIME™ Automotive Window Film
Warranty Coverage
XPEL warrants XPEL PRIME™ Automotive Window Film to be free of manufacturer defects for the life of your vehicle. Covered defects include: discoloration, fading, bubbling, peeling, cracking, and delamination.

You (XPEL) installed it, however the car is no longer in TX anymore, could the car be retinted in PHX under warranty?