Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Windows Phone Tesla App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Hybris,

Yes, I'm interested on Swedish.

The only requirement is to have a Model S and a Windows Phone 8.0, so you can test the beta App and verify the results before the new language is released with a new update.

Please PM your email address for which your phone is registered, I'll contact you and give you the localization Kit.

Thanks for your support.

Tonight "Tesla Companion" for Windows Phone has been submitted to the Windows Store, it has to pass certification and probably will take 4 or 5 days to go live.

On this update Tesla Companion adds support for:

Live Tiles
Scheduling climate and charging
Email alerts
Toast notifications
Improved graphics

Tesla Companion failed certification for minor details as missing the private policy text about how the location service is used (icon to locate your phone in the map page).

It may take about a month to be certified and released, Microsoft is getting strict about all the details in the App.

Anyway if you would like to get the latest version now, There is a Beta program where you can immediately download and use the latest version.

Please send me a message and I'll include you in the Beta.

Thanks,
Castor

Hi Paul,

Plan for a Windows 8 app is on hold at the moment, it requires to rewrite the app almost entirely since the frameworks between Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8 are substantially different and our resources are limited at this time, we want to provide the best experience on every platform we launch, hopefully Microsoft will come with a unified framework where portability of apps between Windows 8 and Window Phone 8 will be easier.

The plans could change anytime if there are enough requests and reasons to have a Windows 8 App.

Meanwhile there is one app for the Model S, "Tesla Connect" for Windows 8 which you can use until "Tesla Companion" is available on Windows 8
http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-us/app/683c9dad-a2eb-474b-b753-6b73580bb6ed

Thank you for your support,
Castor

Hi Paul,

Plan for a Windows 8 app is on hold at the moment, it requires to rewrite the app almost entirely since the frameworks between Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8 are substantially different and our resources are limited at this time, we want to provide the best experience on every platform we launch, hopefully Microsoft will come with a unified framework where portability of apps between Windows 8 and Window Phone 8 will be easier.

The plans could change anytime if there are enough requests and reasons to have a Windows 8 App.

Meanwhile there is one app for the Model S, "Tesla Connect" for Windows 8 which you can use until "Tesla Companion" is available on Windows 8
http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-us/app/683c9dad-a2eb-474b-b753-6b73580bb6ed

Thank you for your support,
Castor

Castor

Thx for the answer. I installed Tesla Connect but your app on Phone is much better
Regards

Paul
Ps if you need more beta testers, feel free to send me a PM.

There are going to be soon available on www.teslacompanion.net

The current live tile status are:
Battery with green fill % of charge => Car is disconnected
Battery with green lighting => Car is charging
Battery with red lighting => Car was unplugged while charging
Car with z zz zzz on top => Car is sleeping
Car, antenna and a red lighting => The cloud service lost connection to the car, underground parking lot, mobile access disable, no 3G, tunnel?
Car and a do not disturb sign => The cloud service is not querying for the car status and allowing to fall sleep (shown after 15 minutes of car inactivity)
Car with a key on the top => Credentials needed, the cookie expired on the cloud service and can't access to Tesla Servers, opening the application will resubmit credentials to the cloud service.

Castor

Perfect.Thanks, Castor. It was the car with the DND sign that had me wondering.

Really like the live tile implementation and the scheduling feature--both really do take it above an beyond the Android app. My Tesla was the only reason I switched to Android, but your app and Tesla Connect have made it easy to go back to Windows Phone.

I know it's been said a bunch already, but I figured I'd add to the praise anyway. I love the new updates! A friend happened to see the remaining range on the live tile on my phone and commented on how cool it was to be able to see it so easily. Thanks for all the great work, Castor!