Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Windows Phone Tesla App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
would it be possible to send a warning notification if the car starts moving and/or moves x km from where it was parked. Like geofencing and then we able to follow it on the map?

Yes, I started prototyping that as part of the valet and security features coming in next releases, however geofencing requires the new Windows Phone 8.1 SDK which is not released to the general public yet, also the phone will have to be updated to the latest Windows Phone release.

I'm adding support to Tesla Companion to call Road Assistance and other Tesla numbers, however I'm confused with the (0) before the phone number and how the dialing is supposed to be.
For example for Norway I have this number
+31 (0)13 799 9527

How do you call this number from Norway?
Is this correct?
Exit Code(00)+ Country Code(Netherlands) + Phone Number(0)????
00 31 0 13 799 9527

What's the 0 between the country code and the phone number?
Is this an invalid number without the 0?
00 31 13 799 9527

Castor

It is a Dutch Phone number. Of You dial without the international access code, ie +31 you need the 0: thus 013 799 9527.

Just use +31 13 799 9527 everwhere.

Sound good, however the + must be replaced with the International Dialing Prefix since not all countries use 00 as the exit code.

I have all the info and in the next couple days I'll be releasing a new Beta.

Tesla Companion is an outstanding app that works great on Windows Phone (Nokia Lumia 920 Black here). I also use Telsa Connect on Windows 8 Metro and, while not as nice visually, has all the main features and buttons. I with the Tesla Connect had the live tile of Tesla Companion so I could see it on my desktop as well as my phone.

Keep up the excellent work..... Let me know if I can help with testing at all.

-m

Tesla Companion 1.0.6.7 was just released, you can get it from the Microsoft Store
http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/tesla-companion/3ea4b242-30e2-44f1-9a98-3161c9d259cd

Bug fixes

Fixed bug where the application crashed for newest vehicles released with the titanium underbody shield.

New features

Address Book

Tesla address book now is added to Tesla Companion, this feature allow to contact Tesla by email, call or driving.

Address book is serviced by the cloud and updates won’t require app reinstallation.

Ownership, Stores, Service Center, Road Assistance and Sales

Tesla Companion will automatically detect the Region, Country and location where the phone is located and bring contextual information.

If a user call Road Assistance in Norway the road assistance phone number will be 800 11093 which is the road assistance for Norway

If the user bring the Service Center screen on Seattle, WA, USA then it will bring Service Centers in America sorted by the shortest distance from the phone location.

Improvement

Map

Greatly improved the real-time car rendering location on the map while driving.

Changed background for the north-always-up icon for better discoverability

Added zoom-in/zoom-out swiping the screen up/down while the map is on lock mode (useful to zoom with thumbs instead pinch)

Enjoy,
Castor

Tesla Companion for Windows Phone now supports 7 languages and 3 more are coming however we are having a hard time to get it translated to German.

Please, if you write fluently on German and would like to support the app please drop me a message.

Thank you,
Castor.

Tesla Companion for Windows Phone now supports 7 languages and 3 more are coming however we are having a hard time to get it translated to German.

Please, if you write fluently on German and would like to support the app please drop me a message.

Thank you,
Castor.

Is something going on with the app? The live tile doesn't seem to work anymore (stuck at 182 miles and sleeping, no matter the car's actual state or battery level), and when I searched the store for the app it doesn't seem to be published anymore. I'm on the 8.1 developer preview, so maybe that's the problem. PS, any chance of getting an 8.1 update with transparent tile? :)

Hi Gear,

Tesla blocked Tesla Companion cloud service last Tuesday 22nd (more than a week already), all requests are denied with a 403 - Forbidden

Live tiles, notifications, email alerts, scheduling and Tesla address book are not longer working, the app was removed from the Microsoft Store to avoid bad reviews from an "broken" app.

Many users wrote to ownership to ask Tesla to allow Tesla Companion cloud service to keep operational however everyone is receiving a pre-made answer without real content, from the responses looks like no one in Tesla is looking into the issue, looks like Tesla still is not interested on supporting Windows Phone at this time.

I'm not sure if was blocked for a concern of security even when the App use SSL certificates, encrypted channels and the password are not stored on the cloud or because was introducing too much load on the Tesla Servers, the cloud service was sending about 70K notifications a day.

All projects have been stopped for now, there was on development Cortana integration for the Windows Phone (pretty cool)
And the first Windows 8 version for Desktop, Tablets for ARM and X86 was in an advanced stage to be released in a couple weeks :(

All Tesla Companion platforms (phone, desktop and tablet) were going to have a strong support from the cloud service, if the service is not operational there is no much more we can provide than the rest of the regulars Apps.

For now all projects are halted and don't know when the app will be back on the store.

Castor.

Last edited:
Hi Gear,

Tesla blocked Tesla Companion cloud service last Tuesday 22nd (more than a week already), all requests are denied with a 403 - Forbidden

Live tiles, notifications, email alerts, scheduling and Tesla address book are not longer working, the app was removed from the Microsoft Store to avoid bad reviews from an "broken" app.

Many users wrote to ownership to ask Tesla to allow Tesla Companion cloud service to keep operational however everyone is receiving a pre-made answer without real content, from the responses looks like no one in Tesla is looking into the issue, looks like Tesla still is not interested on supporting Windows Phone at this time.

I'm not sure if was blocked for a concern of security even when the App use SSL certificates, encrypted channels and the password are not stored on the cloud or because was introducing too much load on the Tesla Servers, the cloud service was sending about 70K notifications a day.

All projects have been stopped for now, there was on development Cortana integration for the Windows Phone (pretty cool)
And the first Windows 8 version for Desktop, Tablets for ARM and X86 was in an advanced stage to be released in a couple weeks :(

All Tesla Companion platforms (phone, desktop and tablet) were going to have a strong support from the cloud service, if the service is not operational there is no much more we can provide than the rest of the regulars Apps.

For now all projects are halted and don't know when the app will be back on the store.

Castor.

Thanks for the info! I'm going to contact ownership about it as well then. The more complaints the better.