Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Windows Phone Tesla App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Windows phone, version 7.5, and a new P85D that currently has version 6.1 software. I installed Tesla Connect, and it lets me log in and shows my correct serial number, but nothing else seems to be functional. All the status information is "unknown", for example. Should this work? I read that Tesla Connect supports phone version 7.5, so should it work? Does anyone else have this combination and it works (or doesn't)?

A Hypermodern car and a slightly datet phone? Windows phone 7.5 is 5 years old, that is stone age in this technology landscape...
Just get yourself a $100 Lumia 530, which will run most apps, or better get a more high end phone matching your car, like the Lumia 930

Yeah, I know---why I have this phone is a long story. I just wanted to verify if it *should* work, as I saw in another thread that people were having problems with their iPhone and Visible Tesla applications in the last couple of days, apparently because of Tesla server issues.

I also just tried Visible Tesla for comparison on my desktop computer. It fails to log in with a "500 Server Error", so either Tesla has made an incompatible change, or their servers are having problems today. I'll wait til tomorrow, a weekday, and try it again.

Companion is the best windows app for tesla - very nice gui.
works well with my new P85d

about phone, I have both a 735 and a 930 - 735 are infact as good as 930 and in adition is has removeable battery and memory card (and a litle better battery life)

I assume that it is not dead for the older legacy ModelS users because it is still working for me.

Well it has also now stopped working for me as of this morning ;~(
It crashes on startup with my phone and the desktop version never seems to connect ...

Luckily I can still access it using Tesla Connect so we continue to have support (albeit unofficial) but I am still baffled as to why Tesla cannot properly support a Windows phone app when there were two functional versions created by users.
Hopefully Tesla Connect will not suffer the same fate as Companion until they decide to support us.
Is there not something we can do to force their hand by claiming false advertising by all the statements about the accompanying app that actually only applies to a subset of users?