Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New windscreen fitted - Model 3.

Smog

Feb 13, 2020
Barnsley, UK
Some more updates about Camera Calibration:
I booked a Camera Calibration with a Tesla Service Centre and they called me back with in 10mins and said, Autoglass don't know what they are talking about and I myself can simply carry out the calibration from within the car using the Camera Calibration option and then drive the car for about 10 miles...SORTED!
Trust me, auto glass won’t allow this. I confirmed this over the phone with Tesla and then autoglass refused to accept this.
I then drove from autoglass in Leeds to the Leeds SC. Was told to simply press the button and it’s done. I left Leeds SC, few days later,phone call from Autoglass. Insisted I booked in for a recalibration. Wasted another day trip to Leeds.

davidmc

May 20, 2019
Leicester
When I queried this with AG they said that they wouldn't warranty their work unless Tesla confirmed the calibration.

I booked into Edinburgh SC who said that the calibration isn't just software. They check the actual yaw/pitch of the cameras too.
Sorry to hear you have to drive out again to make AG happy!

Since when has a camera calibration got anything to do with the glass installed and workmanship? - I thought the software update that now includes the "auto calibrate cameras" checks the cameras inc the pitch and yaw check. Tesla put this on for this purpose. To make it easier for the end user so no more road trips to get it checked.

You dont lose your warranty on your UPVC windows at home because you didn't hang the nets & curtains!

AG need to keep upto date

Medved_77

TM3 SR+ | MSM+Black | No FSD
Supporting Member
Jan 20, 2020
Scotland
Since when has a camera calibration got anything to do with the glass installed and workmanship? - I thought the software update that now includes the "auto calibrate cameras" checks the cameras inc the pitch and yaw check. Tesla put this on for this purpose. To make it easier for the end user so no more road trips to get it checked.
I think there's a physical pivot for the camera within the housing, not motorised so not adjustable by software. That was the explanation I received anyway.

During my installation AG managed to cut a wire for the humidity sensor which is located behind the rear view mirror. This resulted in no heating available so I had to get that repaired by the service centre anyway. Complete faff but the upshot of it is, there just aren't enough 3rd parties who have the tools, know how or access to work on these cars. Really hope this improves before warranties start to expire.

• Informative
Reactions: davidmc

dbtor

Jun 7, 2021
UK
Sorry to hear you have to drive out again to make AG happy!

You dont lose your warranty on your UPVC windows at home because you didn't hang the nets & curtains!

AG need to keep upto date

I just got back from Autoglass. According to the technician (for lack of a better word) they have to setup targets in the workshop, then Tesla remotely connect to the car and calibrate it so it all lines up with the targets. Autoglass then take it for a drive while the software finishes the calibration, then Tesla remotely connect again to check.

Unfortunately I still think autosteer is too far to the left, so I will ask Tesla to take a look too while it's in the service centre.

• Informative
Reactions: davidmc

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC