Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New wireless charger - VTeq

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Review for VTeq

I was fortunate enough to be sent this prototype from John at VTek.

This is a disclaimer:
I am not affiliated with VTek. This isn’t a paid sponsorship or a promotion product. This product is strictly for user purposes for an honest review.

This charger is sleek, quick, and really sturdy. 

The packaging:

It came in a big black rectangular box. From what I was told, this prototype box will have the actual VTeq logo on the front. When you open it, looks minimalist and love how light it was! 

Came with the charging pad, micro USB adapter, micro usb, 2 usb hub connectors.

The Set Up:

Process literally took less than 2 minutes to set up. It was plug and play. Once you’re all plugged in, you’re all set. Nothing else you need to do.

Charge State:

From the pictures you will notice that it stays on green but on the actual production type, it will be orange to indicate that it’s charging.

Pros:
- Fast charging
- Easy set up
- No rattle
- Firm and quality build

No side panels to keep the phone from moving/shifting (this is why they recommend using a case)

Link to their kickstarter:
Tesla Model 3: The Original Wireless Phone Charger

Here’s the link to the pics I took: VTek Charger

Is this capable of fast charging? The details about the built-in battery don't say much. While the microSD reader is a nice idea, I wish the USB cables weren't hard wired to make it easier to run a cable from the 12V plug without a hub. Having two logos is a bit much too.