Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New "wraparound" dash door panels for the US Model Y's - retrofit to existing cars?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In episode 366 of the "Ride the Lightning" podcast, Ryan McCaffrey noted (at the 03:17 mark) that future Freemont Model Y builds will be including revised left and right front door trim panels that will provide the "wrap around dash" treatment that we see in the Shanghai Model Y's and Model 3 (as shown below).

Has anyone successfully identified these new door panel part numbers? I'd love to upgrade my May 2022 build MYP to this look, as I've often thought it to be a really nice add.

1659982188907.png

I would imagine it's a straight bolt on to older model y. At least for the 2021 model years. I don't see them redesigning a whole new door skeleton just to fit this new panel, makes sense to use the old doors and have them attach to existing mounting holes since the panel looks purely cosmetic. I would prob do the update if it's priced around $300 per door panel.

Reactions: Destiny1701
Would you share the new part numbers / where you found them?
Everything is listed in EPC.

Only parts I did NOT order were the G2 bolt covers.
I am assuming in the part name G2 = Gen 2.
I have no idea what the H would stand for, but G2 makes sense.
The letters SP were in the parcel shelf part #s standing for [assumption] Structural Pack.

My opinion is that it the panel asy [assembly] will either come with the bolt covers or I will transfer the existing ones to the new door panel and save money.
The bolt covers themselves are clipped into the door panel if you look at the image close up on EPC and there aren't separate images for regular bolt covers or G2 Bolt covers..... making me think they are the same. If they were separate images then I'd order them, but it doesn't make sense for Tesla to create new Hard Tooling just for new bolt covers.

G2H, DOOR TRIM ASY, FRONT LEFT HAND
1997294-00-A

G2H, DOOR TRIM ASY, FRONT RIGHT HAND
1997295-00-A

DOOR TRIM, WHITE DECOR, ASY, FRONT LEFT HAND
1803118-00-A

DOOR TRIM, WOOD DECOR, ASY, FRONT LEFT HAND
1803120-00-A

DOOR TRIM, WHITE DECOR, ASY, FRONT RIGHT HAND
1803117-00-A

DOOR TRIM, WOOD DECOR, ASY, FRONT RIGHT HAND
1803119-00-A

G2H, DOOR TRIM, BOLT COVER, FRONT LEFT HAND
1670180-00-B

G2H, DOOR TRIM, BOLT COVER, FRONT RIGHT HAND
1670185-00-B

Last edited:
I have the new refreshed door panels already on order along with the wood trim inserts.

Panels are $275/each and wood inserts are $120 each. Parts are supposed to come in around Sept 1.

I will post a new thread of the install once I get the parts same how I did with the parcel shelf retrofit.
Hmm do I do this or the Hanshow Yoke… I’m doing this and the cargo retrofit! Still bothers me that I got a 49xxx MYP on 7/31 and this will help me get over it. Thank you for the part numbers!

Do you need to order the other insert you have part numbers listed for below? (White insert)? I have the all black interior. I thought maybe they could be moved over

Thank you!

The letters SP were in the parcel shelf part #s standing for [assumption] Structural Pack.

My opinion is that it the panel asy [assembly] will either come with the bolt covers or I will transfer the existing ones to the new door panel and save money.
The bolt covers themselves are clipped into the door panel if you look at the image close up on EPC and there aren't separate images for regular bolt covers or G2 Bolt covers..... making me think they are the same. If they were separate images then I'd order them, but it doesn't make sense for Tesla to create new Hard Tooling just for new bolt covers.

1997294-00-A

1997295-00-A

1803118-00-A

1803120-00-A

1803117-00-A

1803119-00-A

1670180-00-B

1670185-00-B

@DealMasterMike - thank you so much for posting the part numbers here in the thread - huge help.

One question for you - how does one go about ordering these parts from Tesla? Is it a trip to a service center to put the order in by hand, or is there another method that is available to us? I don't see how to do it via the mobile app other than opening a service request, mark it as "other" and then paste in the part numbers I want and have Mobile Service deliver them to me and charge my account.

I'd appreciate any help on this - thanks!

Reactions: Destiny1701

1997294-00-A

1997295-00-A

1803118-00-A

1803120-00-A

1803117-00-A

1803119-00-A

1670180-00-B

1670185-00-B
Amazing thank you for this. Same question…do I walk into my local SC and simply order the parts? I’m 100% in for this on my July 2022 Y with older door trim w/out wood!

Wondering if Tesla will allow the order or simply state my config is the old style?