Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New "wraparound" dash door panels for the US Model Y's - retrofit to existing cars?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same. I’m about to place an order for the parts based on the post which says they are easily retrofittable. Wood for black interior less the bolts as can re use existing.

Can anyone confirm its an actual fit? It’s a non refundable order 🙄

B96CA8B3-FACD-4EC4-8B6A-00450F3947AF.jpeg

Reactions: BMWY
Has anyone tried booking a service appointment for this? I asked through the chat a few weeks ago and they said that a mobile tech could do the swap (for a price of course).
I’m confirming my order shortly and will also ask how much for their tech to do this at the SC.

In Toronto we have a few former techs that branched out and do Tesla aftermarket upgrades and oem repairs. I’m sure their shop rate is way less.

will post here when parts arrive 👍🏽

Reactions: BMWY
I’m confirming my order shortly and will also ask how much for their tech to do this at the SC.

In Toronto we have a few former techs that branched out and do Tesla aftermarket upgrades and oem repairs. I’m sure their shop rate is way less.

will post here when parts arrive 👍🏽
Ok here’s the invoice I received in Canadian $…
So divide by 1.35 for US estimate.
Also…note labour is $63 total for both doors!
And yes our tax in Ontario is bloody 15% 🤦🏽‍♂️

6C348BAD-58BE-4765-BA4D-8A21C815A92E.jpeg

Last edited:
I've placed my parts order (through the app) as well. I was contacted this morning by the Service Center saying that the parts are coming from a distribution center in Chicago and are due in late this week.

I ordered just the upgraded door panels and the bolt hole covers (so I would have spares in case I broke any). For the accent trim, I'm going with the matte real carbon fiber series inserts from Hansshow, as it will match my wheel and dash trim.

I'll be sure ro post some pics once I have the parts in hand and of the process as I go and the finished result.

Reactions: Destiny1701
Update (since I cannot edit my prior post)... my parts ETA is now Nov. 1st. Cost on each door panel is $275, so here in KY, that would put me at $583 after taxes.
You did order the wood insert pieces as well no? It’s not just the door panel. The wood/trim insert is a completely separate piece.

The 275 USD makes sense vs my $350 Canadian for the door trim. (26-27% exch rate) But that does not include the actual insert pieces which you will need.

You did order the wood insert pieces as well no? It’s not just the door panel. The wood/trim insert is a completely separate piece.

The 275 USD makes sense vs my $350 Canadian for the door trim. (26-27% exch rate) But that does not include the actual insert pieces which you will need.
I did not order the wood insert pieces as I'm going with the "Real Carbon Fiber" inserts from Hansshow. I've installed one of their steering wheels along with their carbon fiber dash pad/insert and this is the final piece I need to get the interior looking the way I want it.

For what it's worth, I had to have a door card replaced on our 2-week-old 2020 and the Mobile Tech took less than 15 minutes from start to finish and used NO TOOLS, just his hands. They popped off, disconnected some wires, reconnected the wires, and popped the new one in place. I was amazed.
H2ordvl.jpg

Oh and the new one didn't have the red reflector so he had to transfer that.