TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

New X Delivery

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by JusTheGreat, Jan 9, 2017.

1. JusTheGreat

JusTheGreat Member

#1 JusTheGreat, Jan 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    hi guys finally got back from vacation and saw my beautiful X in person. Had a few questions that I tried searching for in the forums and Google, but no answers.

1. The rear license plate didnt come installed and has these plastic connector do I just pop them out and install in the bracket they sent?

2. In the frunk there was also three to four curved things that I have no ideas what they are for. Does anyone know what that is?

2. pilotSteve

pilotSteve Member

For 1: yes it's easy. I found it helped to slide the plate into the holder sideways. Took only a minute.

2. Can't help there.....

• Like x 1
  3. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

Old orange rinds? Can we have a hint? Maybe a pic?

4. Chrisizzle

Chrisizzle Member

Are the 'curved things' your shades for windshield (right above your head / moon roof)?

I got those in my trunk along with my trailer hitch.

5. Ambidexter

Ambidexter Member

In my frunk I found:
    - Window shades and trailer hitch like Chrisizzle mentioned.
    - my front license plate holder.

6. flar

flar Member

Are the curved things the pieces you insert into the front console to make cup holders?

7. JusTheGreat

JusTheGreat Member

Sorry guys it was raining and snowing last night but here are the pics of the curved pieces I'm taking about.

Attached Files:

8. MX75D

MX75D Member

Those are the console cup holder inserts

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  9. JusTheGreat

JusTheGreat Member

Great thank you so much, I was very confused because there was no label on them or anything

10. JusTheGreat

JusTheGreat Member

The black curved license plate is for the front right. Are we supposed to get a chrome one for the rear? I Don't see it anywhere in my car. Checked trunk, frunk, glove box

11. RRM998

RRM998 Member

I'd expect the local store to put on the silver frame when they put they "zero emissions" sign in place of the plate. If you have them put your final tag on the vehicle, they would add the frame if they have them. You can ask easily enough.

12. Darryl

Darryl ModelXTracker.com Co-Adm

They normally install all of this at delivery when you do your walk through. There should also be a charger kit for the phone. I had a licence plate holder in the frunk since we don't use a front license plate in this state. There was also a chrome rear plate, trailer towing kit, window shade plus they gave me a bag with a tesla coffee mug, tesla umbrella, tesla key chain, plus some other tesla items.

• Like x 1
  13. Uncle Paul

Uncle Paul Member

When I picked up my X at the factory last week it had the chrome "All Wheel Drive" plate holder installed with a plastic "Zero Emissions" sheet in place of the lisc. plate on order.

14. JusTheGreat

JusTheGreat Member

That's the downside I guess because I had it delivered to my house as our local service center is not fully functional yet and I was it if town for about a week after. Didn't get to verify all this. My DS was able to mail me the plate so it was all taken care of