Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New X Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hi guys finally got back from vacation and saw my beautiful X in person. Had a few questions that I tried searching for in the forums and Google, but no answers.

1. The rear license plate didnt come installed and has these plastic connector do I just pop them out and install in the bracket they sent?

2. In the frunk there was also three to four curved things that I have no ideas what they are for. Does anyone know what that is?

Last edited:
hi guys finally got back from vacation and saw my beautiful X in person. Had a few questions that I tried searching for in the forums and Google, but no answers.

1. The rear license plate didnt come installed and has these plastic connector do I just pop them out and install in the bracket they sent?

2. In the frunk there was also three to four curved things that I have no ideas what they are for. Does anyone know what that is?
For 1: yes it's easy. I found it helped to slide the plate into the holder sideways. Took only a minute.

2. Can't help there.....

Reactions: JusTheGreat
Sorry guys it was raining and snowing last night but here are the pics of the curved pieces I'm taking about.

Attachments

• IMG_0447.JPG
    IMG_0447.JPG
    380.3 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_0447.JPG
    IMG_0447.JPG
    380.3 KB · Views: 168
The black curved license plate is for the front right. Are we supposed to get a chrome one for the rear? I Don't see it anywhere in my car. Checked trunk, frunk, glove box

I'd expect the local store to put on the silver frame when they put they "zero emissions" sign in place of the plate. If you have them put your final tag on the vehicle, they would add the frame if they have them. You can ask easily enough.

They normally install all of this at delivery when you do your walk through. There should also be a charger kit for the phone. I had a licence plate holder in the frunk since we don't use a front license plate in this state. There was also a chrome rear plate, trailer towing kit, window shade plus they gave me a bag with a tesla coffee mug, tesla umbrella, tesla key chain, plus some other tesla items.

Reactions: Brnz
That's the downside I guess because I had it delivered to my house as our local service center is not fully functional yet and I was it if town for about a week after. Didn't get to verify all this. My DS was able to mail me the plate so it was all taken care of