Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New X. No slacker access?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Disregard post. After updating the firmware, slacker works now.

I picked up my MX a week ago and still can’t get it working despite stopping back into the store and having multiple Tesla people trying different things. They’ve done a reset and all. It just refuses to allow me to login.

What firmware did you update?
Anyone else have any ideas?

When picked up: 2018.39.6 (or 8)
After update: 2018.44

Sorry to hear you're still having trouble. Get them to push you the newest firmware and do a hard reset?

Thank you for your reply!

Where do I find the version number?

Roadside said could take two weeks to send an update?? Does that sound right?

They did the reset by holding the steering wheel buttons, and a full power off from the screen, does that constitute a “hard reset”

Anyone else have any suggestions??

It states “invalid account” when you press either the use tesla account or sign in button. The OA sent me a screen shot of the user name and PW for the radio and even they could not get it to login.

I found my version number it is 2018.44 so unfortunately that doesn’t seem to be the problem.

Two ways I know of to do a hard reset. Try both.
1) Controls -> E-Brake and Power Off -> Power Off. Wait for 1 minute then press the brake pedal to restart.
2) While pressing the brake pedal, hold both scroll wheels (or is it the buttons above the scroll wheels) down for 30 seconds, let the buttons go, keep pressing the brake pedal for another 30 seconds. It should restart.

The hard reset/reboot will clear some configurations that are kept with a soft reboot. Doesn't hurt to try.

Here’s something interesting. I found another forum which suggests that you need a slacker “plus” account to work in the Tesla. In my iPhone app it lists my subscription as “basic” which appears to be the free one?

I wonder if my Tesla Slacker account is coded incorrectly with Slacker Radio?

Anyone else also have their account loaded on their iPhone?

Mine is listed as Radio Plus when I login using the Tesla credentials. My car is a 2017 S100D.

Does it say that on your mobile device?
Attached is a picture of let it my user name and under it you can see the word basic.

If anyone else can confirm that this is likely the problem I would be greatful. Seems the likely culprit.

Now.. just how to get it fixed?!?!

Attachments

• 6F9E3EBF-40FA-4926-9B6F-FC571CC166DF.png
    6F9E3EBF-40FA-4926-9B6F-FC571CC166DF.png
    173 KB · Views: 59
Does it say that on your mobile device?
Attached is a picture of let it my user name and under it you can see the word basic.

If anyone else can confirm that this is likely the problem I would be greatful. Seems the likely culprit.

Now.. just how to get it fixed?!?!
Radio Plus on my Tesla account, but no idea how to get it fixed. It might be something they activate when you take delivery and a step got missed.

Tesla just sent me a new username and password for my vehicle and it logged in first time no problem. Now my account says “plus” so for sure that was the problem. They must have coded the first user name and password as a “basic” account which will not work in the vehicle. Thank you for everyone’s thoughts and comments