Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New X Reservation now indicated for second-half of 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Proof that "early 2016" displayed previously meant all the way up until June 30 (or perhaps July 31). :)
I think most people with Tesla experience know that "early 2016" means "before October 2016" and "second half of 2016 means "hopefully before mid 2017"
That said you can take this and extrapolate a Model X ramp from it...

Edited to add: ...just like "winter 2013" meant "most likely not by the end of 2014" (see CHAdeMO adapter)

I think most people with Tesla experience know that "early 2016" means "before October 2016" and "second half of 2016 means "hopefully before mid 2017"
That said you can take this and extrapolate a Model X ramp from it...

Edited to add: ...just like "winter 2013" meant "most likely not by the end of 2014" (see CHAdeMO adapter)

The problem is that that page is geared to the general public, most of whom don't fit into the above category.

In this case though, I just don't think Tesla even knows for sure.

The problem is that that page is geared to the general public, most of whom don't fit into the above category.

In this case though, I just don't think Tesla even knows for sure.
One thing I noticed was that "car delivery times" as posted on the order page in general have been fairly decent - and when they were off or moved back there was always loud and immediate complaining.
So what I posted above was a little tongue in cheek. I really, really hope that Tesla has high confidence that they can meet the expectations that they set. They certainly came no where close to meeting the expectations of the early reservation holders.
I'm much more thinking after the launch when the Model X will attract a lot more potential customers from the general public... they have to get this right. But maybe they'll play this smart and keep it as "reservation system" until they have the back log down to about 3 months... which in my mind means that the Model X won't be "for sale" on the web site until about a year from now (actual calendar, not Tesla time).

I figure a fair number of existing "reservationists" will bail because a) they decide can't/won't wait that long b) they find a deal breaker with the design/features when unveiled c) The revealed X doesn't thrill them and they get an S instead. So, those of us way down on the list move up some. I'm going to say 10% bail (purely speculation).

Main Tesla pre-order page just changed some minutes ago. New reservation are now for second half of 2016

As of now it appears that they have rolled it back to "early" 2016.

Screen Shot 2015-09-25 at 6.00.26 AM.png