Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New X (used) owner here

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2016 X 55K plus miles. I recently took my car it to have the 12v battery replaced expecting to pay what they told me was going to be about 280 dollars. Suprisingly it was covered under warranty. although i have a 2016 and it has over 55K miles. I am happy about that
The SC told me that i have what she called a pre-owned warranty that is good till about the middle of 2023 or 24. Or until 86K miles. Is that something that maybe the previous owner paid for and it transfers to me or what., does anybody know if it covers suspension or not or what it may cover or is it a mistake
Thanks for any info

2016 X 55K plus miles. I recently took my car it to have the 12v battery replaced expecting to pay what they told me was going to be about 280 dollars. Suprisingly it was covered under warranty. although i have a 2016 and it has over 55K miles. I am happy about that
The SC told me that i have what she called a pre-owned warranty that is good till about the middle of 2023 or 24. Or until 86K miles. Is that something that maybe the previous owner paid for and it transfers to me or what., does anybody know if it covers suspension or not or what it may cover or is it a mistake
Thanks for any info
If you bought from Tesla you either have a 2 year/20k warranty (if you bought a month or more ago), or a 1 year/10k warranty. Those come standard with every used Tesla when you buy from them.

If you bought from Tesla you either have a 2 year/20k warranty (if you bought a month or more ago), or a 1 year/10k warranty. Those come standard with every used Tesla when you buy from them.
1 month and four days ago is when i purchased . The service rep stated that i have till 86K MILES OR 2023 her numbers dont relate to yours but your numbers seem more correct

Thanks for any info

If you bought the vehicle from a private party which I'm guessing you did then the service center information sounds correct the original battery and drivetrain warranty would be 8 years on that car and would not expire until 2023 and depending on when the owner purchased the vehicle it would have or could have come with a used warranty that would have extended for several years and additional 40,000 mi or some such thing. I'm not sure what the exact numbers are but what they told you doesn't sound out of line.

Thanks for any info

All of that information can be found in your Tesla account under publications that are pertinent to your vehicle.

I bought a 2016 earlier this year , this is from warranty document:

Used Vehicle Limited Warranty
The Used Vehicle Limited Warranty applies to vehicles that are under four years old and have less
than 50,000 miles (80,000 km) on the odometer at the time of Tesla’s delivery.
Used vehicles are protected by this Limited Warranty for 4 years or 50,000 miles (80,000 km),
whichever comes first, starting from your delivery date.

Reactions: RedXowner
If you bought the vehicle from a private party which I'm guessing you did then the service center information sounds correct the original battery and drivetrain warranty would be 8 years on that car and would not expire until 2023 and depending on when the owner purchased the vehicle it would have or could have come with a used warranty that would have extended for several years and additional 40,000 mi or some such thing. I'm not sure what the exact numbers are but what they told you doesn't sound out of line.
Yes thats what im thinking. an extended one that transfers unless the original owner asks for the unused portion back from Tesla

I bought a 2016 earlier this year , this is from warranty document:

Used Vehicle Limited Warranty
The Used Vehicle Limited Warranty applies to vehicles that are under four years old and have less
than 50,000 miles (80,000 km) on the odometer at the time of Tesla’s delivery.
Used vehicles are protected by this Limited Warranty for 4 years or 50,000 miles (80,000 km),
whichever comes first, starting from your delivery date.
That info, unfortunately, has changed drastically.

Reactions: RedXowner
I just chatted(through the chat button on the website) with tesla. I was given the expiration of both my battery and vehicle warranty's. I too couldn't find the info anywhere, it only took a few minutes.
Another thing Tesla has changed recently (for used inventory) is that you now have to pay a $500 non-refundable deposit AND your shipping cost up front. In May, I only had to do a $100 deposit. The shipping fee was baked into the contract when I picked up the car.

• Love
Reactions: tccartier
Another thing Tesla has changed recently (for used inventory) is that you now have to pay a $500 non-refundable deposit AND your shipping cost up front. In May, I only had to do a $100 deposit. The shipping fee was baked into the contract when I picked up the car.
So shipping fee is in part of the total cost of the car?