Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Y and question about low s/n

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, New member in Colorado scheduled to get a model Y this coming Friday. Not new to electric driving though, as we already have two Chevy Volts. I am curious if my car has been sitting in Austin for a while. Serial number 406, seems like a very low number for this late in the year. Why would it be so low, but ordered in February? Kind of apprehensive, could it have had problems at the get go? Appreciate your opinions.

First, welcome aboard the forum. I suspect you’ll thoroughly enjoy your Model Y.

Just to clarify, the last 6 digits of your VIN are 000406? The serial number doesn’t relate to an order date but instead the date production begins on the car. Also, I believe Tesla serial numbers have some degree of randomization but within a confined range, not completely randomized. In any case, 406 is a pretty low number.

First, welcome aboard the forum. I suspect you’ll thoroughly enjoy your Model Y.

Just to clarify, the last 6 digits of your VIN are 000406? The serial number doesn’t relate to an order date but instead the date production begins on the car. Also, I believe Tesla serial numbers have some degree of randomization but within a confined range, not completely randomized. In any case, 406 is a pretty low number.
Yes, 000406. So this is not to worry about. Thanks, Ray